Is a great Aztec treasure still waiting to be discovered?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In November 1519, the Spanish Conquistador, Hernando Cortez entered Tenochtitlan (Mexico City) On Aug. 13, 1521, the city fell.

After imprisoning the Aztec leader, Montezuma, Cortez, believing the new leader of Tenochtitlan, Cuauhtemoc, knew where the Aztec treasures where hidden, tortured him, but Cuauhtemoc never revealed the secrets.

Is the great Aztec treasure still waiting to be found? Is it in Mexico Or, is it in the homeland of the Aztecs, somewhere north of Mexico city in the area of the seven caves?

Quien Sabe!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The surface has only been scratched in Latin and South America. Don't forget the Mayans and the Incas :)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Marc:
The Aztecs actually did have a "homeland" !
If you'll recalll the legend of their Journey!
You'll remember that they marched south crossed the "large canyon" & river.
They continued until they came across the "Sign" that they were looking for!
"That of"? an Eagle with a? Rattlesnake!
Which they found in a large dry lake area!
Which is now Mexico City!

Their homeland, Is Probably Utah!
As they were a unit of the Ute Indian Tribe!
There are numerous Aztec Turquoise Mines (still) in the SW Ute area
How do we know the mines are Aztec?
Because ancestors of the current Indians have tales of the Aztecs coming up and mining the turquoise.
The aerial photo,? is on top of a Mesa!
And ! Was taken North of Mexico City,? way, way North!
A marker of the Montezuma's treasure site ?
The size, from nose to ear..
Is roughly 300+ yards long!
Also, in the area is a perfect carved Aztec ? :o
I have the photo somewhere.
I'll e-mail it when I come across it!
The carving, even shows perfectly pointed (sharpened) teeth, extra wide eye, and a Crown!

Attachments

• Fox.JPG
    Fox.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 4,761

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:) You're looking at a left hand profile!
Two ears on the top, with a dark colored streak, running/coming down to the nose, from between the two ears.
A typical fox nose!
? :o Even to the dark tip!? :o
:-? Notice also, the dark tips on the ears!
The large circular area ? is the "jaw" and also the treasure location ?
There is a trail, out of the photo, leading up to the "Head" and disappears in the "Circular" (Jaw) area!
? :o But!? ;D Hey!
All in all!
Is that not a? ?:) GREAT EFFORT ? (Figure)
But!
Why? In the world, did they do it?
Somebody have an airplane back in those days!

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Capt Bill--- From what I understand, the Spaniards had to bury the treasure at a site that could be seen up to 8 miles away. From a mountain that's a lot taller you'd be able to see these markings.

Jacko

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
JACKO said:
? Capt Bill--- From what I understand, the Spaniards had to bury? the treasure at a site that could be seen up to 8 miles away. From a mountain that's a lot taller you'd be able to see these markings.

? ? ? ? ? ?Jacko

If we're talking about the so-called "Montezuma's Treasure," the Aztec treasurey then that's easy to explain: The Spaiards didn't hide the treasure, the Aztecs did..to keep the Spanish from getting it.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Correct!
But! That is....for
The Main Spanish Trail Markings, had to be visible
from/for that distance!
The individual sites were, can and are, sometimes, very hard to see, even if you are standing in front of them!
If you are interested in seeing some, drop me a note at my "Yahoo" address!
I'll sent a photo or two to you!
All sizes!
Or! Buy A copy of a treasure signs book, from..
Kenworthy or one of the other authors!

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
I treid to order Kenworthy's book, from our book store here and after 4 mo. no book, I canceled the order. they said they couldn't get a book.

Jacko

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Jacko:
This is exactly why people are going out of business.
I bought my books, I have all of Kenworthy's Books, over the internet!
Because >:( Like you, I couldn't find any or get any, locally, either!
If I can go on the "net" and find them, then the bookstore, if it wants my business,
can and SHOULD! do the same for me!
But!
They all say, "Sorry! We don't have that!"!
Then I go to, find and order it, on the "net"!
I sure can't understand their reasoning!
But! I have and .....
I'll look up the "net" address and send it to you!

T

treaser hunta

out of all the treasure that has been found in the world it is not even 1/3 of all the treasure that is out there. So there is a good chance that there is Aztec gold around Mexico.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
treaser hunta:
If you check into the legends/stories, you'll find that they all agree on,
The treasure was moved, by the Aztecs, to the far north!
The Apache and some of the other Arizona and New Mexico Tribes have tales recounting of watching the various
elements!
Seems as tho the Aztecs, broke in to several different elements/bands and each went a different direction!
Anyhow, these Indians, watched the various elements of the main body, go past and thru their lands!
All of this takes place, out of Mexico, and in the States of Ariz., NM., and Utah!

D

Donna 2

Cap,
This is such an interesting photo. Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why not just go out and dig it up?
Happy hunting and happier finding to you.
Donna

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Interesting question, but my daughter, while visiting one of the ruins was bluntly told that picking up ANYTHING even a shard of broken pottery 'could' get you a stay in a Mexican prison.. Now, being a Canadian.. I've heard that unlike 'Canadian' prisons, the poor Mexican ones do not even have 'tennis courts, swimming pools, or 'card nights' and the 'only' intimate visits you are likely to get is from the big hairy guy also in your cell.. How could you get permission to swing a dectector anywhere near one of those sites?

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs (Prospecting and Treasure Hunting)
by Charles A. Kenworthy (Paperback - October 15, 1991)

Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States
by Charles A. Kenworthy (Paperback - September 18, 1993)

Death Traps to Treasure: Spanish and Mexican Mine Traps, Warning Signs and Symbols (Prospecting and Treasure Hunting)
by Charles A. Kenworthy (Paperback - October 6, 1994)

cptbil did he have any books older than 1991

Havillah

May 22, 2005
San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Money Hunter TR;
Garrett GTP-1350;
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up down here in old Mexico, and still live here almost 50 years later. We were taught in grade school here that the Aztecs came from the area of Northern U.S., which is now Wisconsin. Also, when the Aztecs arrived here, the lake was NOT dry. In fact, many a Spanish soldier drowned, trying to flee Tenochtitlan with their stolen gold. The Aztecs had four major roadways leading to their island citadel. Most of the lake is dry today, except for Lake Texcoco, which you can easily see when you fly into the city. If you really want to get some exciting reading on Mexico, try "The True History of the Conquest of New Spain", by Bernal Diaz del Castillo. (I see it listed on Amazon.) Diaz del Castillo travelled with Cortez during the conquest of Tenochtitlan.

You can also see a FREE online 140-year-old book, "The History of the Conquest of Mexico", by William Hickling Prescott here:
http://www.ajlas.org/v2006/paper/2003vol16no108.pdf

*I have updated the download link, as the previous one no longer worked.

The book is also available now on the awesome www.archive.org website in audio format for FREE!

http://www.archive.org/details/conquest_of_mexico_0908_librivox2

Last edited:

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004
The Atec treasure in the United States is dwarfed by billions
in Ecuador. Who would be crazy enough to go for it?

Howso

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread