Montezumas Treasure and Arizona Strip region Newspaper

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Re: Montezuma's Treasure and Arizona Strip region Newspaper

BUCK:
I bought a whole collection ;D (100s of them) of early "Desert" Magazines just last year!
I'll have to go thru them, find :o and read the article!
Thanks...
But!~
There in " lies" another Treasure Tale! , that I found, & still have! in the dairy of an old timer IndIan agent!
He Talks about being taken to a pretty good size abandoned village,
BUT! This village Was a Spanish Village! , alongside, both sides, a stream!
Seems that the houses/buildings were mostly "dugouts' OR! "Soddies{?}" !
Anyone familiar with this story?
:o There's a pretty good sized treasure :o associated with it!

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona

cptbil said:
BUCK:
I bought a whole collection? ?;D? (100s of them) of early "Desert" Magazines just last year!
I'll have to go thru them, find? ?:o and read the article!
Thanks...
But!~
There in " lies" another Treasure Tale! , that I found, & still have! in the dairy of an old timer IndIan agent!
He Talks about being taken to a pretty good size abandoned village,
BUT! This village Was a Spanish Village! , alongside, both sides, a stream!
Seems that the houses/buildings were mostly "dugouts'? OR! "Soddies{?}" !
Anyone familiar with this story?
:o? There's a pretty good sized treasure? ?:o? ?associated with it!
Oh yea I buy ond treasure 'desert old west there is more info in some of them than I can get off the computer Buck

Nemo

Jun 22, 2005

Wild Boulder Bill said:
Nemo glad to see you that was quite a file. You do good work. Do you still live in flagstaff. I got a story of a horse shoe 20 foot up in a tree

I spent quite a bit of time going through numerous files that were available to me back then. The library copied that file recently for me and I have noticed some things missing. One was a sketch map which was done by a student who visited the site for me and another is a newspaper article describing the death of an individual who used the same information. Do you know of anyone who has copies of this missing information?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Wild Boulder

Nemo

Jun 22, 2005

Wild Boulder Bill said:
Nemo glad to see you that was quite a file. You do good work. Do you still live in flagstaff. I got a story of a horse shoe 20 foot up in a tree

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Wild Boulder

There is quite a bit of information in the Gladwell Richard Collection at NAU. Look in the correspondence files for unique information. I am now living in Phoenix, hiding out from the FLDS, a whole story unto itself.

NEMO

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

NEMO:
Is that word, "Hiding out from the FLDS", supposed to be "FEDS", Instead ?
If so, I can tell you a story, that will "scare the socks off'n your body"! :o

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

St. Jerome
There is a large scraper of pipestone on a ledge just above it with burn marks on it as if some offering was burnt on it. I think maybe it has to do with the hole I found. It seems the candles and the scraper are from the same time.

a) the old/and present Mexican Miner would place a picture of Mary just inside, or on a ledge near the portal of the mine and burn candles to her for help and safety .. Clarify on the Scraper ?

Till Eulenspiegle de La Macha

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

SAY! RT:
Would you do me a favor?
I have relatives in your part of the country (Mexico) if I can supply you with the names, could you see if they are in your part of Sonora ?

YoungProspect

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2007

You guys are all wrong and his name is spelled and pronounced Moctezuma

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Moctezuma !
Yes!
As I have researched his story(s) I have come across both spellings!
As you know, It would be hard not to ! come across one or other of them!
I, just go with the generally, accepted, spelling and would use both if I were to get serious, & do more research on him!
It's A!

::) Tayopah vs Teopa Thing ::)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

=cptbil SAY! RT:
Would you do me a favor?
I have relatives in your part of the country (Mexico) if I can supply you with the names, could you see if they are in your part of Sonora ?

HI BILL, fire away , will do what I can. Apol. for being so Late in response but I haven't visited here since my last post

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[=cptbil link=]
Tayopah vs Teopa Thing ::)

SHADDUP BILL! HI my friend heheeh, it is beginning to look as if you will have to come down here to set your feeble mind at rest on the correct spelling hehheheh. See You in May if possible Bill.

Don Jose de La Mancha

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Darn! :'(
I have a meeting/search, set up in New Mexico, on the 3rd of May!
I'll be there, in NM, for several weeks!
When is your next trip to Tucson scheduled ? :)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hola mi amigo Bill: Am taking my grandson to Juarez for his Legal Immigrant visa to the US on May 3 will see from there .

Don Jose de TAYOPA

dangerDOJO

Nov 24, 2012
Hey everyone. I'm new on this and to the world of treasure hunting. Can anyone help enlighten me on some interesting things to look in to? I'd appreciate it. Thanks

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Actually, in Mexico, current spelling is Moctezuma, and there are people in my village of that surname. My wife's great-grandma was a Moctezuma, a descendant of Moctezuma I, not II. Moctezuma I sent one of his zillions of daughters to marry a local cacique, long enough before Cortes came to Mexico that her son grew up and became cacique, before Cortes came here. The Emperors were constantly sending daughters to marry local chiefs, and local chiefs sent daughters to marry Emperors.

It is commonly understood that in the US it is spelled Montezuma.

Church records here have a variety of spellings. Things like Mocteuczoma and other versions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread