Would This Be an Aztec symbol

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 20131001_131209.jpg
    20131001_131209.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 810

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Would This Be an Aztec symbol and if so, what do you think it means? Found in a supposedly Aztec area in the SW. (Don't pay attention to the initials.)

Ecominer,

I don't see anything on the stone that could be specifically "Aztec". What do you think?

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
Ecominer

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look close you will see a V on the left side and on the top a longer line than the rest.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I am certainly no expert on Aztec writing, but that sure doesn't look like anything I have ever seen whatever that is worth.

Edited: fixed typo 'anything'

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ecominer,

Aztec writing consisted of pictures and glyphs/hieroglyphs. The "V" you see in your picture is not a part of Aztec writing. Piegrande is correct. On the other hand, it could be Native American such as Sequouah's Cherokee syllabary, which has two "V" shapes, although not exact.

Joe Ribaudo

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Perhaps this chart may help;

pictographs-2.jpg
from http://dbsenk.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/pictographs-2.jpg

Not saying that chart is authoritative, but it does help illustrate some of the more common signs used by Amerindians, the sun-burst for example meaning "constancy" is not much disputed.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread