more precious than gold.

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We give gold a high intrinsic value.its the reason we're miners.treasure hunters and more.today I'll share something missed in the history books.most of it is based in the oral tradition of my ancestors on my Mother's side.it's a story of a especial tree which seeds were held in high steem by the Aztec.it's not cacao beans.the seed called "Hushe" was way more scarce in Aztec times.even today there are a few dozen trees that survive.my Grandmother used to say that hundreds of years ago it was forbidden to eat these seeds.it was collected and sent to the "Lords of the big city" as tribute.as it would offered as a drink to the Gods.I happened to roast and grind some seeds myself and to my surprise it tasted splendid.even better than Chocolate.I hope that one day this trees can be protected and maybe reforest its native range.for now it would be a good thing for people to know more about this very special tree.it would add to The new world History.and maybe just maybe Mi Amigo Tayopa would enjoy a hot and delicious Hushe drink.

Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I spent 10 minutes with Google, and only names of families and places came up. Any more information available? I would be willing to attempt to grow them, but need seeds for that. If you have access to seeds, perhaps you can get a photo of the tree.

I told my Aztec wife what you said. She said, yes, there was such a tree whose seeds were ordered to the Emperor. But, finally admitted it was cacao.

I gotta' go see my cousin-builder and will ask him. He knows things no one else knows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Piegrande.I had plans to one day be able to grow these trees myself.and try to sell Hushe in a manner similar to coffe or chocolate.but the scarcity of the trees makes it hard for now.of course I can get you some seeds.but do you have the means to take this in a serious way.Mi Idea is to grow a few thousand trees.even though I know nothing about how long it takes for the trees to mature .one thing I noticed is that they only grow on the shadows of north facing cliffs.they don't like to much sun.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also Googled Hushe tree, and "arbol Hushe" with no luck at all. So since the J in Spanish is pronounce like the H in English, I Googled "Juche", and find that it is native to Costa Rica. It is the Plumeria Rubra (Juche), and it does bear seed pods, but the seeds are kind of thin. Would this be the tree?

Homar

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No.Homar.the tree has this pod the size of a marble.the skin of the pod looks like an avocado's.inside grow tree seeds in a manner similar to to Garlic.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What country was this tree in and where did it grow; lowlands, costa, montanas…..
Can you post a picture of it?

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This trees grow in the mountains of Southern Mexico.but to the best of my knowledge they are found only in a 20 mile long range.I'll try to get some pics in the future.I live in California but I'll arrange something.

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the best way to prevent the loss of a plant is to distribute its seeds world wide(kudzu is with us forever).but you need to hurry ,the U.S.A. government may make the tree illegal.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
There is no cliff on my property. And, I could make shade for small trees, but this is a sunny place. That leaves me out.

What I'd like to get that would grown on my property, not sure right now of the name, something like Joringa. The leaves make a soup that is very nutritious. I can get the seeds in the US but Mexican law prohibits importation without permission. Advocates say it can nearly eliminate starvation in poor places.

The Aztecs allegedly had to import even their chocolate.

Sometimes trees do not meet the stated conditions. We have over 90 huaje trees on our land. The scientists claim it only grows at much lower altitude, but here they are, and prosperous. The seed pods are used in sauces.

We also have orchids growing in the back yard. They grow wild here, though in the US rich folks spend a fortune to grow them in their homes.

Edited: probably moringa plants are the ones that can supply so much nutrition.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huaje.or Guaje grows pretty much everywhere you plant them.Y had a tree here in my home and I had to get rid of it because I started to have seedlings everywhere.And I don't really like the taste or smell of it.you need a relly good mouth rinse after eating it.it would be nice to send some Hushe seeds to a seed Bank to assure it's survival.by the way Aztecs used Cacao beans as money not just as food.when they drank chocolate they either prepare it with wild honey or with grounded roasted chillies.talk about hot chocolate.

Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I cannot speak to the taste of huaje, because I don't eat it. I assume it's another learned taste, just as little kids here eat roasted ants and grasshoppers like popcorn.

But. they sell very well here, and they are used by the people who were born and raised here.

Yes, I sure would like to see Hushe seeds in that storage place in the polar regions. :D

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
When the huaje is harvested, the men climb the trees like monkeys. It concerns me to see a family man sitting up 20 or 30 feet in a thin tree.

They usually cut off the branches the seed pods are on, with a machete. They fall to the ground, and perhaps the man's wife will strip the seed pods off the branches, then leave the branches to be added to the soil.

Here they have enough value that people will pay my wife for the harvest rights to her trees, then they sell them at the market. Not a lot of money, but it gives them some money, which in tight economic times every peso counts. Poor Mexicans do not pass an opportunity to earn a peso. Families take care of each other, so if each person makes a bit every day they get by. And, studies show that the population of Mexico is the happiest nation in the world.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mom used a long carrizo with a hook on the tip.to break free the Guaje bunchs.she was very handy at twisting the branches with it.anyways.how is your lead to the Aztec treasure going mr Bigfoot?.sooner or later Im gonna make some noice down there.I'll do some serious excavations.do you want to be there?.of course is not permited but Im thinking of going with HINA?.or whats the name of the mexican agency in charge of harcheological sites?.

Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Yes, they use that hook here. But, out trees are too tall and that method is too slow for getting large amounts. The women, such as your mom, who want just enough for a meal use the hook, though. Some of the pods are easy to break off, but some are very stiff, which is why the heroes go up with a machete.

They use the same hook to take down avocadoes. My wife repeatedly asks me to stand underneath the avocado tree and catch avocadoes when they fall after she twists them off. I am not Stan Musial, and almost never actually manage to catch one.

No, I have high risk aversion. If something is nominally illegal, but not enforced, I would be the first man in 100 years to go to prison for it. So, I don't.

It is obvious that I have no more to do on the hidden treasure down the hill a few hundred yards. I spent years (not full time of course, but as information became available) looking for inconsistencies, and finally resolved them all.

So, though I don't KNOW the treasure is there, there is at this time no other place it can be.

All I can do is watch for new information to come out, and see if that new information precludes it being here. For example, someone in another place that belonged to the Moctezuma family in the Cortes era, with local oral tradition that says the treasure is there. But, as one man pointed out many months ago, most claims of hidden gold do not ever produce any gold. This one did.

The other possibility is when the uncle dies his money grubbing, less than totally moral, son decides to take a look.

And, I mustn't forget the possibility that Mexican government officials see these threads and use attorneys to locate me by IP, and invade the place.

Notice I am not at all worried about someone "with a dream" busting in here and digging it up. As I have pointed out, that transcends reality.

But, barring such possible events, there is nothing more to do but accept in my own heart the gold is there, and is totally unobtainable. "Accept that which you cannot change."

I am actually delighted to think it is there and will be there forever. "I got a secret! I got a secret!" :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really think the place I know is the mitical place of the seven caves.I know of six.so there's got to be one more somewhere in the area.the mountains are too rugged and is easy to miss a cave.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Where I live there are a few caves. But, it is known the hills are full of caves underground. Such is life where the hills are made of travertine marble.

But, few of them open to the outside.

I hear about the mythical 7 caves. I have no interest in that claim of gold. I would be very happy if one of you or all of you find gold treasures. I have at this time enough to live on, don't need more. My family has one or two who play the lotteries, such as Mega Millions. I am on the list of sharers, but think if they win I will decline. Don't need it. My current lifestyle suits me, not missing anything important. The true definition of rich. :D

Oh, if one of the family wanted to give me the legal limit of tax free gifts once in a while, I could use that for helping kids go to university. But, no material desires not met.

I do want a life of peace and relative quiet. Not necessarily totally safe, but quiet. Babies to kiss. Hills to climb.

That is part of why I have no great strong drive to find 750 million dollars worth of treasure, except for the curiosity.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piegrande,

I was not aware of the Moringa, and would like to thank you for mentioning it. You can buy the seeds in Mexico, there are several states that sell them. You can just google "Semillas de Moringa Mexico", and you will find many websites that sell them.

Homar

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to start a small mining operation down there.I already have some equipment.nothing big.just small implements.maybe I will see you there in a few years .

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I will try that again when I log off here. I did at the time I first heard of Moringa, and only found one place that sold them.

Alas, the blog offering sales gave only an e-mail, no phone number, no street address, not even the state, so I viewed that as a serious scam and didn't look again. I e-mailed them, and as expected they did not respond.

It is very risky to give out a credit card number in Mexico except perhaps to a well known business A month ago, I canceled my TIP on my car when I exited Mexico. This involved a refund of over $300 from the Mexican government. It was supposed to be refunded to my account within three days. Though I complied with the bond requirements, that money is apparently gone. You can't even trust Banjercito.

Thanks for the tip. Hope it works.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I found a place which claims to sell seeds within a five hour round trip by car and taxi. With an e-mail address. I may write to him and see if I can pop up at his door and pay cash for seeds. Moringa does sound like fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions