More thoughts

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
One key fact in my study is it is based on Bernal Dias reported facts about the amount of goodies and how much survived based on Aztec reports. If he lied, or the Aztecs did,then there may be no treasure at all. If he did not lie then there is a treasure SOMEWHERE. The Tenochas were known to be owners of this land, but also of other places around the Central Highlands. If they split the treasure between several locations then the amount would be highly inflated.

I have never totally rejected the possibility that the skeleton itself was the important thing buried, though MII is alleged to be buried some other place. Still, there were other important family members whose importance would justify a special burial with a gold neckpiece.

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
>>"I read just a couple of postings, gathered the gist, and went into poo-poo mode."

Sorry, I missed that. It is pretty much what I suspected was the case. Which is also what you did on your short exploration in Mexico. No in-depth investigation. Grab a local tale and go with it. Not wrong, just not declarative.

My personal guess is most who have read all I have written are not sure the treasure is really there. But, they are more aware of the logic I used to my conclusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread