Ancient Aztec God Quetzalcoatl w/Helmet Soldiers Ring

Louie02

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ring was found over 50 years ago in Los Angeles with a metal detector. Top image has the Aztec God Tlalteuctli/Quetzalcoatl with side images are of a helmet soldier. We believe that when Montezuma met Cortez he believed he was the returning god Quetzalcoatl and possibly a cult was born. Top and side were tested for gold and found not to be gold, but over the years it has never tarnished, so believe it was a Aztec chemical mixture call Tumbaga. Ring is very large and looks as if casted in sand. Only since the computers and Internet have we been able to research this super find. Any suggestions? ring.jpg ring1.jpg ring2.jpg ring3.jpg ring.jpg ring1.jpg ring2.jpg ring3.jpg

OP
OP
Louie02

Louie02

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Oroblanco, we pretty much discounted the idea of a biker ring, by comments from Mexicolora and Dr. Gillespie from Fla. Univ. Still cannot find the correlation between top image and side images. We have two ideas, one is the Aztec God Quetzalcoatl and Helmet Cortez soldiers and the other is Aztec God on top and Aztec soldiers (Eagle Warriors) on side protecting their god. We don't believe will ever nail this one down. First time the wife used a metal detector and found this, been bugging me for over 50 yrs.
Marsh

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Somehiker nailed it. Mexican Biker's Ring from the 1950's. See the image to the right.

IMG_5937.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG
2_000000002667.jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew it was not old...
I looked at the first thread and did some searching to no avail.
Great I.D. somehiker.

This I believe is the 5th thread on this ring.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions