The Lost Treasure of Tikal

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post moreoften Daryl. I rermember when you were tryin to start your own magazine, post my friend. You have tons of stories etc.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Since you asked, :D I will tell you my opinion, which has already been stated in my threads. I explained why I think at the time under the stressful circumstances they had, they would have gone for an easy, safe place to hide the treasure. A place they actually well knew, no more than perhaps 2 days from Tenochtitlan and a protected place to dig.

So, I find it unlikely they took it great distances, either the USA or another nation.

HOWEVER, I also stated my belief that other Aztec emperors had their own treasures, because originally there was a lot of easily found gold. That is just an opinion with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

And, they may all have done different things with their gold.

We must not forget that in Guatemala there may have been similar governments who also had gold treasures in their own times.

My SWAG (scientific wild, er, guess) is Guatemala had its own royal treasures in their own time, and the Tenochtitlan treasure which once belonged to Moctezuma II, if recovered as stated by Bernal Diaz, is located in my alleged hypothetical location. AND, there are other treasures from other entities in different locations in Mexico. And, in Central America.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Let me add here that for a very long time the assumption has been made all over the place that any large treasure would be the treasure of Moctezuma. Even the treasure on Oak Island (?) has been suggested to be that of Moctezuma. I find this belief to be less than well thought out.

Gold has been found all over the planet. And, gold has some interesting properties that make it interesting, even where it does not represent money. So, if my theory on the original large quantity of easily accessed gold is correct, even to a small degree, there would have been many treasures accumulated in various locations by various unrelated folks.

Do not, please, continue to make this mistake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread