Moqui Sand Caves
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DizzyDigger
  • 1 Post By Crow

Thread: Moqui Sand Caves

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Sep 2005
    Paso Robles
    Teknetics G2
    382 times

Moqui Sand Caves

Inquiring for a friend : The Sand Caves about 5 miles north of Kanab just off of Hwy 89, a big tourist attraction, the history say's they were man made by miner's for the sand. I want to find out the exact documentation of this from the Local Historical Society and hopefully with Pictures, the individuals or mining company responsible for them, the dates, everything ! No B.S., just the plain facts in PRINT. Also why Sand ? For concrete? And if so, where? For road construction ? In other words, what was the use for the sand ? Any Historical Links to this Information ? Thanks, Darrell

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    7430 times
    Prospecting
    I'm afraid you might have got some bad information. According to the Wiki page,
    the Moqui Cave was once used by Anasazi people as a shelter or food store.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moqui_Cave

And another site full of info:

https://www.moqui-cave.com/about
    HappyTrails55 and Crow like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

ca
    Sep 2005
    Paso Robles
    Teknetics G2
    382 times
    well Thanks DizzyDigger, so there's 2 independent sites, one is the Moqui Cave and the other is the Sand Caves, on that first link it talks about both of them, the latter it say's was dug out my miner's for Glass, mmmmmm ? That's the one I'm interested in, you got any more information on that ?

fm
    Raggedy old Crow

Jan 2005
    In a tax haven some where
    ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
    6492 times
    Growing old disgrace fully as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDigger View Post
    I'm afraid you might have got some bad information. According to the Wiki page,
    the Moqui Cave was once used by Anasazi people as a shelter or food store.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moqui_Cave

And another site full of info:

https://www.moqui-cave.com/about
    Gidday DizzyDigger

Thanks for the links. I am always amazed at the interesting places in the USA hidden away around the country.

Crow
    DizzyDigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    7430 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTrails55 View Post
    well Thanks DizzyDigger, so there's 2 independent sites, one is the Moqui Cave and the other is the Sand Caves, on that first link it talks about both of them, the latter it say's was dug out my miner's for Glass, mmmmmm ? That's the one I'm interested in, you got any more information on that ?
    Nope.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Sponsored Links