Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: has montezuma's tomb been found ...?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    1048 times

Re: has montezuma's tomb been found ...?

Roy and Paul,

My personal opinion is that we were asking questions that he could not find the answers to.....on the Internet. Bb want's to be in control of the direction of the conversation. We took that control away, and he will now pout for awhile.

Bowman gives us his "facts" and waits for our approval. Questions and doubts do not fit in that scenario. He seems to feed off of what is posted around the Internet and what is being said on forums like this. He then tries to fashion all of the stories he reads into the "true" life story of the blindbowman.

You cook.....he cooks. You have Tayopa.......he has Tayopa. You collect signed first editions.......he had 10,000 before the fire. You have the answer to the Stone Map Trail.......you are stupid, because only the blindbowman has that answer. You know a little about the Aztecs.........he has spoken to Montezuma. You know God......he is the brother of Jesus, thus, he is the son of God......etc......etc.

The reason we all find him so interesting, is because........he is all of us.

Take care,

Joe

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2991 times

CJ, "No man is an island in himself", we all are subject to the collective conscience.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. ORO, what-n-h-- does that mean? sounds impressive though. snicker
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    May 2006
    Mesa, AZ
    None
    21 times
    Prospecting

Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper
    he is all of us.

Take care,

Joe

Joe! HAHA This reminds me of a story. I took a Greyhound bus from Florida to Colorado one time, I think, anyway I was traveling very far on it. Late one night this guy in the middle of the bus stands up and starts talking about how he was ALL OF US in our past lives! He was serious too. Couldn't believe it. You shoulda heard the things coming out of this guys mouth, it was hilarious
    Sincerely,
    Randy Wright
    History Lover

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1180 times

Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper
    ......The reason we all find him so interesting, is because........he is all of us.

Take care,

Joe
    We feed him, he grows.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    1894 times

Hmm, a multiple-faceted doppleganger, reflecting an enlarged or exaggerated image of whomever appears...could be I suppose, or it could be several other possibilities. For one, it seems that treasure hunters often have other similar interests - such as guns for example. Cactusjumper's examples though would seem to be an enlargement of every subject rather than simply parallel interests. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so perhaps it is complimentary? Another possibility is a fairly common trait among many folks, that of "one-upmanship" - however as I cannot either prove or disprove the various statements (like 10,000 first-edition books) it is pure speculation on my part.

Real de Tayopa wrote:
    CJ, "No man is an island in himself", we all are subject to the collective conscience.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. ORO, what-n-h-- does that mean? sounds impressive though. snicker
    HOLA mi amigo Real de Tayopa,
    I am flattered that you would ask ME that question, but also a bit surprised. You already know that old statement is one of many "layers". Man is not designed to be a solitary creature, and is reliant upon others of his own kind for his survival/comfort and happiness. I am a little surprised that you would ask me this though, as I have a rather strong tendency towards the "hermit" type of lifestyle - not that I dislike people, just don't want to live near them! Besides, some animals can actually fulfill many of the supposed "needs" of a human for "companionship" and communication/interaction etc of a socializing nature. Then again some folks tend to think I am "crazy" anyway.... Our collective conscience as you phrase it, is a quite ephemeral thing which could be also a part of the original design? If it exists, and IF it is a part of the original design and not simpy the result of evolutionary advantage, we must ask what the true purpose of it is?

Apols for drifting off-topic and 'waxing philosophic' and I could add a funny quote from Socrates here but would definitely get into trouble!

Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2991 times

HIO MY friend ORO, gotcha again, pulling your chain hehehe appol my friend, but I thought that the "snicker" was the tip off.

I had some psychology in Pre med , and intensive investigation of various Oriental religions later, so I do know what you are referring to my friend, but watch for the "snicker" in the future.

Thanks, you were correct in your explanation.

Don Jose de La Mancha

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    1894 times

HOLA mi amigo,

Oh I saw the 'snicker' clearly! It is not hard to spot a little anticipatory glee right after an ironic question. When you say oriental religions, do you include eastern philosophies as well? Gracias por adelantado...
    su amigo,
    Oroblanco

Apr 2008
    AZ
    2 times

Hello everyone... I'm trying to read this entire thread and its really good.
    What we have here in this group is almost like a clash of culture/mind, IMHO.
    Treasure Hunters are amazing, they get out there and do the work.... dig and md and look.
    I come from a mind set somewhat like BB, but I'm not nearly that brainy, but I'm a really good researcher and I take different trails than most.
    This to me is what BB is doing, so many things link up in his non-linear mind that as he writes he's splicing things together and this is a place to get a little down to earth feed back.
    Treasure Hunting is instinct, hard work, luck and research. And the gentleman that started this site has an amazing story, so maybe some non-linear thinking is good for us.
    LiveLoveLaugh
    Janiece
    Going back to go forward.

Jul 2007
    ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
    Eyes, ears and common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Gossamer
    Hello everyone... I'm trying to read this entire thread and its really good.
    What we have here in this group is almost like a clash of culture/mind, IMHO.
    Treasure Hunters are amazing, they get out there and do the work.... dig and md and look.
    I come from a mind set somewhat like BB, but I'm not nearly that brainy, but I'm a really good researcher and I take different trails than most.
    This to me is what BB is doing, so many things link up in his non-linear mind that as he writes he's splicing things together and this is a place to get a little down to earth feed back.
    Treasure Hunting is instinct, hard work, luck and research. And the gentleman that started this site has an amazing story, so maybe some non-linear thinking is good for us.
    LiveLoveLaugh
    Janiece
    Going back to go forward.

Of course gossamer, but have you considered the alternative?
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes you just might find, you get what you need- Mick Jagger

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2991 times

Peerless: sheesh

Don Jose e L:a mancha

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2991 times

OHIO room: Hmm I deliberately mispelled to see what the reaction would be, but since no-one commented on it, I can only assume that you / we are either well conditioned by my Friend BB, or that the findings that the human brain automatically fills in what it expects to see or read. r kerek no?

Not even SWR commented?

quote --> we all are subject to the collective "conscience".

Hehehehe

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    1894 times

HOLA mi amigo Real de Tayopa,

Real de Tayopa wrote:
    quote --> we all are subject to the collective "conscience".

Hehehehe
    Now who or whom has not grown quite accustomed to reading through our posts here, studded with numerous mis-spellings (we won't even touch the grammar, not my strong point) so it is a wee bit of a mean trick to do it DELIBERATELY...

I git a emali a wile bak that had a verri stranj mesige. I know longer have it, but the pint of it was a tendensy in the human brian, (see how du youse lik it! ) so here is a similar type of paragraph - see if you can read it:

Wehn Jcoab Wlatz funod taht the Aeaphcs msut hvae kliled his pneratr, he dceiedd to go to twon. So he hadeed for Penohix, wrhee he wnet and flied a hestomaed cilam on a qtaeurr soitcen of lnad and did smoe slaml slace fimrang for yraes. The popele of Ponehix say taht Watlz wulod otefn dapepsair itno the mnuitnaos and be gnoe for dyas, and wehn he rurneetd he wulod hvae a llttie glod to tarde in the loacl setors...

Do you find that you can read it, without having to go to a scratch pad? The "thing" is that because of the way our brains are hard-wired, if the first letter and the last letter are in the correct place, your brain will automatically re-arrange the letters where they belong as you read!

So now what about that CON-science? Hmm? Shall we start a new thread and discuss the psychological theories about the so-called "id, ego, and superego"? (If you do, I will tell you a little writer's secret if you promise not to tell... I can tell you that once you know this secret, many television series, especially 'westerns' and much 'sci-fi' will suddenly seem different!)
    Oroblanco

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2991 times

Hi ORO,it wuz pefictly clar. acthly it wuz to scuze a spllin / typo boboo du u thnk? heeheheh

Don Jose de Mancha

p.s. appol, I think?

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    1894 times

NO amigo no appols or apples necessary! It would take quite a bit more than a little trick to require any kind of apologies, at least at this end. Isn't that odd though, about the mixed letters?
    Oroblanco

Charter Member

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    1048 times

In his writings, Fray Bernardino de Sahagun writes this:

"It was after another four days that the Spaniards threw the dead bodies of Moctezuma and Itzquauhtzin out of the palace, at a place called Teoayoc, the stone turtle carving. As soon as they were recognized, men quuickly took up Moctezuma's body and carried it to Copulco, placed it on a pile of wood, and fired it. The flames crackled and flared up into many tongues; the body seeemed to lie sizzling, sending up a foul stench.
    As he burned, onlookers berated him; their good will had given way to fury......"

Can anyone cite a source, other than treasure hunters, who claims that Moctezuma was placed in a tomb.....anywhere?

Joe Ribaudo

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links