Emergence of Pyramids in the Americas

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"In a letter to the editor of The Times on 25 April 2006, Professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, referred to Osmanagić's theories as "wacky" and "absurd" and expressed concern that insufficient safeguards were in place to protect Bosnia's "rich heritage" from "looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development".[15] After visiting the site himself, Harding reported, "we saw areas of natural stone (a breccia), with fissures and cracks; but no sign of anything that looked like archaeology."[3]

Harding, together with six other prominent archeologists, also signed a declaration stating: "This scheme is a cruel hoax on an unsuspecting public and has no place in the world of genuine science."

Personally, I agree with the statement quoted above.

Regards:SH.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Interesting stance for a treasure hunter. With this sort of wikipedia, hit and run attitude, then you might not have stepped foot in the Superstitions, except as a recreational tourist. I don't believe the Peralta Stones were embraced by 'professionals'.

I too would also be premature to form any opinion about the Bosnian issue until much more work has been done there. Harding may be correct, but his work in Bosnia is not without controversy. http://www.bosnian-pyramid.org/storage/research-portfolio/project_opponents_havoc_visoko.pdf

Harding has a particular distaste for 'hobby archaeologists' for sure, as most resume-rich 'professionals' do, but 'hobbiests' have been credited with many significant discoveries. On a local level here, the cowboys and ranchers in the Mimbres Valley had to drag the 'professionals' by the ear to some of the southwest's greatest troves of artifacts. And so it has been worldwide. I'll wait to see if any more work is coming in Bosnia.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

Where are the archies when we need them? Maybe at a conference somewhere. Below are more pyramid ruins from the oldest city in the New World.

caral.jpg

Here's a website to jump start your South American curiosity. http://xavianthaze.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-lost-pyramids-of-peru.html

Want something besides Chaco in the USA? Try Cahokia. I visited it in 1969 when some rico wanted to buy it and put in a golf course subdivision. "It will be something we'll all be proud of", said he.

cahokia.jpg

Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
'cuse me...but the Aztec were johnnie come lately to both pyramids and gold in meso America...

really...doesn't anyone study history anymore?

If I ever said anything to indicate I thought Aztecs were here a long time, I must apologize. I have a paper which shows the entire list of Aztec Emperors, and they were not here all that long. A few hundred years before Cortes came. So, I do know better.

They did not build a major civilization from an empty area. They basically conquered existing tribes. They did take a lake and make it into a city of sorts.

The Aztecs did not wander directly to Tenochtitlan as I have often seen reported. They actually spent around 20 years in Tula before continuing on South into the Valley of Mexico.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Let me add that there is a good reason to connect the Aztecs to most Mexican gold. Perhaps they did not accumulate it, but by conquest they certainly ended up owning most of it, heh, heh. So, where they might have put it is of major interest to treasure hunters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread