NORMANDY AT 65

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
C

Cappy Z.

My father landed there that day. Earned a silver cross.

He since has passed on.

He was in the navy.

OP
OP
Minstrel

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
Hero's will always be remembered.
Thank you for your Father's Service
Mine passed 6 months ago.
He received the Bronze Star.

God ordains and chooses the government and the military for a high and noble purpose. The man who chooses to enter its ranks, whether he knows it or not, is serving more than his country; he's serving God. Even before entering the military, God had a plan and purpose for the lives of these men. Though we can't understand why God's plan had to include these tragedies, we know He is sovereign. The actions of each of these men demonstrated a mental toughness, courage, and, ultimately, sacrifice. These are personality traits of men being made in the image of God. God is the source of all heroism, the bulwark of all courage, the foundation of all sacrifice. These men were each born with these characteristics and they carried them out to the end. It is the mettle of these men, and others in our military, that helps to make our country the greatest nation in the world.

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
They are very moving photographs Minstrel

Thanks for posting

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! My Dad was there on the beach on the second day. He was in the field artillery and they came ashore under fire after the beach head was established. Every German 88 that was within range was firing at them Dad said. He is gone now and missed so very much. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread