Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the Lake City Florida V.A. Hospital, there is a Vet's Bus, that runs from Moultrie Ga. through 7 towns, to pick up Vet's every Thursday, take them to the hospital, and return them to their towns.
The bus leaves Moultrie at 7:00 AM sharp, it goes through Coolidge, Thomasville, Quitman, Valdosta Ga. and Jennings Fl.(I may have missed a city). This bus has been running for 23 years by Ret. Col. Hoyt Holland.

If anyone in need of a ride to the Lake City Fla. V.A. Hospital on Thursday, please contact the V.A. Hospital Travel Division:# 386-755-3016 or toll free 800-308-8387, they can further advise you and help make arrangements. The V.F.W.'s in the above towns should know of the pick-up/drop-off sites, also. There is no bathroom on the bus and they can not take on wheelchairs right now. You must be able to care/attend for yourself. Meals are provided for those who ride.

I hope this may be able to help someone, for all they have sacrificed, for our freedoms. THANK YOU!
Does anyone else know of services we can promote for our veterans?

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a free bus service from the Savannah VA Outpatient Clinic to the Ralph Johnson VA Medical Center in Charleston, SC and another from the new VA clinic in Brunswick, GA to the Carl Vincent VA Medical Center in Dublin, GA. If someone wants phone numbers, lemme know, and I'll dig 'em out of my phone and post them. BTW, I was in the Savannah clinic this week, and they're looking fo volunteers to drive the van from Sav to C-town.
Robin

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CaptainRobin said:
There's a free bus service from the Savannah VA Outpatient Clinic to the Ralph Johnson VA Medical Center in Charleston, SC and another from the new VA clinic in Brunswick, GA to the Carl Vincent VA Medical Center in Dublin, GA. If someone wants phone numbers, lemme know, and I'll dig 'em out of my phone and post them. BTW, I was in the Savannah clinic this week, and they're looking fo volunteers to drive the van from Sav to C-town.
Robin

Thank you CaptainRobin! As the people that helped form and maintain this country keeps getting older, we are going to need our younger folks to step up for the posts of doing good.
How can we help you Vet's? Keep the good news coming!

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this thread is still here....... okie dokie.......
seems everyone is operating on the first rule of survival......
and that's okay, too.

I stay out of the barracks section (for the most part), as I am only the daughter of a WWII, KW, and Honor Guard Marine vet, I never personally served. This thread/forum (imho) is for you Men and Women of service. I could never say THANK YOU enough, and I've been following that up with an "I'm so sorry" (for bout the last decade now). (I hate war and what it does to ppl.......).

I just wanted to post for anyone in the S. Ga. and/or N. Fl. area that there again (as always) is a need.
I can't be sure if the numbers I posted previously are still good or not, lemme post the article, as well as the link,
if anyone knows someone, networks the area, can help, spread the word, etc...... please circulate this.
Thank you all and I'm still so sorry.....

People take care of people.......

The Network of Care for Service Members, Veterans & Their Families Ventura County, California

"BRIEF: Veterans bus seeks drivers
Moultrie Observer - 2/2/2017

Feb. 02--MOULTRIE, Ga. -- The Veterans Bus that helps veterans get to the VA hospital in Lake City, Fla., is calling for reinforcements.

The bus leaves Moultrie every Thursday morning and makes pick-ups in Thomasville, Boston and Valdosta before journeying to the hospital where veterans can meet with VA doctors and other medical personnel. It's operated by the South Georgia Veterans Activities Committee.

The committee is seeking volunteers to drive the bus, according to Faye Rowe, a leader of the project since the passing of Col. Hoyt Holland. Holland always credited Jerry Poole with the idea for the bus, but he was involved almost from the beginning when Poole asked him to re-upholster the seats of an old school bus for the project.
Holland, who died in 2015, often drove the bus, and Rowe is among the volunteers who've taken a turn behind the wheel.

Rowe said organizers want to set up a schedule where each volunteer drives about once a month, but to do that they need more volunteers.

Drivers must have a Commercial Driver's License.
Anyone who's interested can call Jimmy Revels at (229) 526-8140.
___
(c)2017 The Moultrie Observer (Moultrie, Ga.)
Visit The Moultrie Observer (Moultrie, Ga.) at moultrieobserver.com "

One could also contact the VFW there in Moultrie, for further info, or they could direct you to the proper folks.
Thank you again.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread