USMC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for responding, MD and Tex. TTC

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your service, Terry. United States Marines are great guys. They invest a hostile shore-line, establish a beachhead for follow-on forces. They don't give up, they don't abandon their buddies. They FIGHT! I was/still am an old "Line Dog" with the United States Army Corps of Engineers. Retired now. Won't ever get it out of me, but that's okay. Mechanzied for 17 of my 20 years service to this great Nation of ours. Ran with the armor and infantry. They hit an obstacle that couldn't be bypassed, they called me and my gang of boys. We opened and marked the way so OUR forces could continue the advance. Tough job, made me into a HARD man, but I STILL care for our boys and girls who serve OUR Nation. There are no better people than those who will lay down their life for you and their comrades. Essayons... (let us try)... Engineer Motto. I'll be a Sapper, an old Platoon Sergeant, forever. Again, thank you for your service to our great Nation.
Robin

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx, Capt' Rob. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incidently, Rob.... The reason Marines have camps and The army has bases is because the Marines were not meant to "occupy". They go in and capture ground then the Army occupies. Sempre Fi, my friend. TTC

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm aware of that TTC. I never was into different services rivalry, although many were/are. WE are all on the same team. Different missions, different methods, but I'm sure you're aware of the "combined arms team" concept. Seems to work for US. The Navy projects National power. The Marines invest hostile shores for follow on forces. The Air Force gains air surperiority and provides air support. The Coast Guard protects our shores. The Army occupies territory and destroys the enemy forces. There are no better folk than those who serve our Nation. May they all be safe, even though I know in my heart they will not all come home alive. I'm PROUD of our warriors.
Robin

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You and I, Capt', were made from the same mold, just different uniforms. I talk up the Corps every chance I get but I also know one branch ain't sh__ without the others. Remember the Army recruiting slogan... Army of one... ? Army---of one---. A contradiction of terms! Ha! I laughed at that one. It didn't last long. I called in Navy 5 inch guns more than once up near the DMZ. And the Seabee's water was the COLDEST! Stay thirsty, my friend. TTC

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have some good friends still in the corps, as for the army slogan, i remeber it being be all you an be , and i dont like all these crazy changes to accomidate the babies that are joining just for the collage money, hell i joined to serve my country and that is all i wanted to do

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nsdq said:
i have some good friends still in the corps, as for the army slogan, i remeber it being be all you an be , and i dont like all these crazy changes to accomidate the babies that are joining just for the collage money, hell i joined to serve my country and that is all i wanted to do
I'm going to take a slogan to the Marine Corps.... if you remember, the front of a claymore says, FRONT, Toward Enemy. That would look good on a t-shirt With USMC above the left breast (pocket). Sorry, guys, some of us are just partial.... some whole. (ha) TTC

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the "be all you can be" because it implied developing strength, perseverance, knowledge, and expertise to achieve your highest limits. I also thought the "Army of One" was stupid. One person can't win the battle or the war. It takes teamwork from the squad up through all the military service branches working together and even the top levels of government. I joined to serve my country during Vietnam and then joined the reserves after the Iran debacle. Many Americans did the same after 9-11. I am not so sure what I would do today if faced with the same choice. We need elected leaders who stand for doing what will make America strong and who are dedicated to restore our freedoms, preserve our Constitution and protect American citizens and property from all threats.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a marine, but I joined Air Force to also serve my country. In 1967 being healthy male out of high school you either went to college, Nam or Canada, no money for college and sure as heck was not running to Canada.

Nothing but highest respect for all the branches of services, without them this country would never have survived.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A marine and his rifle.... still the best weapons delivery system in the world! TTC

Don't think so TTC!!!!!!!! The best weapons delivery system is a scorned woman and her high priced lawyer!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will... TTC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will... TTC

This is what seperates the Marines from the Army.

The Marines have a motto about using their rifle, the Army just uses it correctly the first time....:laughing7:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even the Marine Generals are issued rifles... and must qualify yearly. The only branch of the service where this happens. TTC

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize it is an older post, but, Semper Fi! My wife paid to have my faded USMC tatoo on my left shoulder reworked, recolored to its former glory for my 55th birthday in August. The one thing you will never outgrow. USMC.

Terry, hope you are well. Have not seen you for quite some time. If I ever get to Florida, I will buy the first round.

RJGMC
HI BOB!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I realize it is an older post, but, Semper Fi! My wife paid to have my faded USMC tatoo on my left shoulder reworked, recolored to its former glory for my 55th birthday in August. The one thing you will never outgrow. USMC.

Terry, hope you are well. Have not seen you for quite some time. If I ever get to Florida, I will buy the first round.

RJGMC
HI BOB!
Done Deal! First round is yours. I will be there, Devil Dog! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread