Regrets?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regrets.jpg TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I see a vet in uniform I shake their hand and thank them for their service. If in a bar I offer to buy a beer, I will do that till the day I die.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx, Terry, Hunter. I LIKE to talk up the Corps. You know that. Terry, I will call your remark a THANK YOU, making you numbern 35 since Viet Nam. The first was at The Wall, in '93 from a young fellow who was not BORN yet when I did my tour! Shameful, back then. I NEVER allow an obvious vet to get by me without shaking his hand. Ha! I remember, in an ambush, the guy next to me was wounded. He yelled "Corpsman". (you younger fellows need to know a Corpsman [ capitol C ] is a navy EMT-like guy). Their job was to keep Marines alive. Instead of coming over, he threw his medical kit-bag! I don't care; Squid, Flyboy, Army, Coastie, Marine. They ALL signed the bottom of the same page! Everyone had to do their part in the BIG MACHINE. The gals too! Thank you two, and every other "swinging ... (oops! Can't say that here.)" person that wore a uniform! Edit: My dad said he would disown(?) me if I joined the service instead of going to college. Found out later, he took every one of my letters to work to re-read them to his fellow workers. Terry

Last edited:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I wasn't personally in the military, my dad and brother were both in the Marine Corps. My dad always taught us to have respect for the military and the men and women who serve their country. I can do nothing but give my respect to people who did something that I was to chicken **** to do.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx, CM. Nothing meant against civvies, sorry. Today's Military is completely a choice. But, in the '70s and '80s, as a Milwaukee cop, I saw many young men be given a choice... military or jail. The judges were PARTIME RECRUITERS! HA! Take care. TTC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enlisted at the height of Viet Nam war, I did not have the money for college, and the thought of going to Canada to avoid the draft never even entered my mind.

As citizens we do not have the right to pick and choose when we support our country and when we don't, our responsibilities as Americans is to support our country period. Some people seem to think you have the right to oppose something with out the courage to actually face the danger of protecting the freedoms we all enjoy, all of which were paid for in blood by better men.

Note, none of this is politics its patriotism...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx, Terry, Hunter. I LIKE to talk up the Corps. You know that. Terry, I will call your remark a THANK YOU, making you numbern 35 since Viet Nam. The first was at The Wall, in '93 from a young fellow who was not BORN yet when I did my tour! Shameful, back then. I NEVER allow an obvious vet to get by me without shaking his hand. Ha! I remember, in an ambush, the guy next to me was wounded. He yelled "Corpsman". (you younger fellows need to know a Corpsman [ capitol C ] is a navy EMT-like guy). Their job was to keep Marines alive. Instead of coming over, he threw his medical kit-bag! I don't care; Squid, Flyboy, Army, Coastie, Marine. They ALL signed the bottom of the same page! Everyone had to do their part in the BIG MACHINE. The gals too! Thank you two, and every other "swinging ... (oops! Can't say that here.)" person that wore a uniform! Edit: My dad said he would disown(?) me if I joined the service instead of going to college. Found out later, he took every one of my letters to work to re-read them to his fellow workers. Terry

You bet it was a THANK YOU! I can't imagine what it was like for guys coming home from Vietnam during the late 1960s early 1970s.

When I got out in 1976, people were still calling us baby killers, assassins, and spitting at us in some cases. The trash cans in the mens rooms of the airport in Charlotte (Near Ft. Jackson in Carolina), were full of Class A uniforms from guys that didn't want people to know they were in the Army, so they could just go home in peace. A lot of them still had all the unit citations and medals on them.

I wore mine home to Phoenix, and sure enough, three teenage girls started calling me "Killer," and "Murderer," when I went to pick up my duffel at the baggage claim. I was so proud of who I was and what I had accomplished, but that trip home was like a bad dream. Thank God, that we now celebrate our young veterans, and are able to seperate the politicians from the soldiers they send into harms way.

So again, Thank you Terry, and ALL the other vets here. - Terry S. 1/41 Field Artillery 56th FAB 1973-1976 US Army

Attachments

• IMG00005.jpg
    IMG00005.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 165

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only reget i have is not still being able to serve, thanks drunk driver, terry you have me beat my count sincei got an came back from iraq is 17 thanks for your service, but thank for doing what your country ask you to N.S.D.Q.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
I do sometimes regret getting out of the Navy. But after about a year in the Anbar Province followed by six months in Indonesia for the 2005 tsunami relief, I just couldn't take it anymore. Too much death. Too much destruction. I started to crack. Got out as soon as my contract was up.

Yet, now that time has passed and wounds have healed, I do sort of miss it.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I would have stuck it out, I would have had a 30 yr pension by now and possibly made E-9, E-8 for sure. Had all the training available at the
time but the Army changed after Vietnam (Which I did not participate in) and it was still evolving when my hitch ended in 1984. Decided that
better opportunities were available in the "Civilian" world.

I still miss it to this day.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnx, CM. Nothing meant against civvies, sorry. Today's Military is completely a choice. But, in the '70s and '80s, as a Milwaukee cop, I saw many young men be given a choice... military or jail. The judges were PARTIME RECRUITERS! HA! Take care. TTC

I was selected to spend some time as an Army Recruiter (11 years) back in 84. I was always amazed at how many parents brought in thier kids with major law violations thinking that the "Military or Jail" option was still availible.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the only reget i have is not still being able to serve, thanks drunk driver, terry you have me beat my count sincei got an came back from iraq is 17 thanks for your service, but thank for doing what your country ask you to N.S.D.Q.
# 36, nsdq, tnx.

THE KID..... in..... '67

terry.jpg

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn, I haven't seen my pic in a few years! Since the diff between the Army and the CORPS, is VANITY, I will use my old pic for my Avatar! (Damn, that looks good!) TTC

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks terry, your #18 happy huntinn , here's the only pic of me in uniform when i was a pfc

Attachments

• Picture 55.jpg
    Picture 55.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture 54.jpg
    Picture 54.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joined ANG in 81- and currently close to retire/full time ANG, but Im not a trigger puller (you/they are the real work horses/heros in my book... God bless all the Vets and God bless America. And yes vote vote vote...

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a cutie pie! You haven't changed a bit! :laughing7: :occasion14:
Yes, I have! I went into boot camp weighing 165.... came out at 195. Now, well, nevermind. Actually was 235 last year. Now, 208. Working on it, but hard! Tnx, all. TTC

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God Bless You , & All,,,,,My Dad is a Vet,,25th Infantry,,,88 year's old still active with all his buddies,still marches in Parades..I Love My DAD:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions