Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Regrets?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6330 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Regrets?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Regrets.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	651174 TTC
    Just because your car could breakdown doesn't mean you should always walk. It does mean that you shouldn’t forget how to walk.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21163 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post

Name:	Regrets.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	651174 TTC
    Amen.

I also regret I have not had a chance to shake one of your hands and put a cold beer in the other one - yet, Terry C. I am going to have to make that right this year. Great Post!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28746 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Every time I see a vet in uniform I shake their hand and thank them for their service. If in a bar I offer to buy a beer, I will do that till the day I die.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 06, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
    kiana7 likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6330 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Tnx, Terry, Hunter. I LIKE to talk up the Corps. You know that. Terry, I will call your remark a THANK YOU, making you numbern 35 since Viet Nam. The first was at The Wall, in '93 from a young fellow who was not BORN yet when I did my tour! Shameful, back then. I NEVER allow an obvious vet to get by me without shaking his hand. Ha! I remember, in an ambush, the guy next to me was wounded. He yelled "Corpsman". (you younger fellows need to know a Corpsman [ capitol C ] is a navy EMT-like guy). Their job was to keep Marines alive. Instead of coming over, he threw his medical kit-bag! I don't care; Squid, Flyboy, Army, Coastie, Marine. They ALL signed the bottom of the same page! Everyone had to do their part in the BIG MACHINE. The gals too! Thank you two, and every other "swinging ... (oops! Can't say that here.)" person that wore a uniform! Edit: My dad said he would disown(?) me if I joined the service instead of going to college. Found out later, he took every one of my letters to work to re-read them to his fellow workers. Terry
    Last edited by TerryC; Jul 05, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Just because your car could breakdown doesn't mean you should always walk. It does mean that you shouldn’t forget how to walk.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    203 times
    Coinshooting
    Although I wasn't personally in the military, my dad and brother were both in the Marine Corps. My dad always taught us to have respect for the military and the men and women who serve their country. I can do nothing but give my respect to people who did something that I was to chicken **** to do.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    6330 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Tnx, CM. Nothing meant against civvies, sorry. Today's Military is completely a choice. But, in the '70s and '80s, as a Milwaukee cop, I saw many young men be given a choice... military or jail. The judges were PARTIME RECRUITERS! HA! Take care. TTC

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28746 times
    I enlisted at the height of Viet Nam war, I did not have the money for college, and the thought of going to Canada to avoid the draft never even entered my mind.

As citizens we do not have the right to pick and choose when we support our country and when we don't, our responsibilities as Americans is to support our country period. Some people seem to think you have the right to oppose something with out the courage to actually face the danger of protecting the freedoms we all enjoy, all of which were paid for in blood by better men.

Note, none of this is politics its patriotism...
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21163 times
    Metal Detecting
    Tnx, Terry, Hunter. I LIKE to talk up the Corps. You know that. Terry, I will call your remark a THANK YOU, making you numbern 35 since Viet Nam. The first was at The Wall, in '93 from a young fellow who was not BORN yet when I did my tour! Shameful, back then. I NEVER allow an obvious vet to get by me without shaking his hand. Ha! I remember, in an ambush, the guy next to me was wounded. He yelled "Corpsman". (you younger fellows need to know a Corpsman [ capitol C ] is a navy EMT-like guy). Their job was to keep Marines alive. Instead of coming over, he threw his medical kit-bag! I don't care; Squid, Flyboy, Army, Coastie, Marine. They ALL signed the bottom of the same page! Everyone had to do their part in the BIG MACHINE. The gals too! Thank you two, and every other "swinging ... (oops! Can't say that here.)" person that wore a uniform! Edit: My dad said he would disown(?) me if I joined the service instead of going to college. Found out later, he took every one of my letters to work to re-read them to his fellow workers. Terry
    You bet it was a THANK YOU! I can't imagine what it was like for guys coming home from Vietnam during the late 1960s early 1970s.

When I got out in 1976, people were still calling us baby killers, assassins, and spitting at us in some cases. The trash cans in the mens rooms of the airport in Charlotte (Near Ft. Jackson in Carolina), were full of Class A uniforms from guys that didn't want people to know they were in the Army, so they could just go home in peace. A lot of them still had all the unit citations and medals on them.

I wore mine home to Phoenix, and sure enough, three teenage girls started calling me "Killer," and "Murderer," when I went to pick up my duffel at the baggage claim. I was so proud of who I was and what I had accomplished, but that trip home was like a bad dream. Thank God, that we now celebrate our young veterans, and are able to seperate the politicians from the soldiers they send into harms way.

So again, Thank you Terry, and ALL the other vets here. - Terry S. 1/41 Field Artillery 56th FAB 1973-1976 US Army
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00005.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	651544  

us
    Oct 2011
    Keystone state
    AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
    1540 times
    the only reget i have is not still being able to serve, thanks drunk driver, terry you have me beat my count sincei got an came back from iraq is 17 thanks for your service, but thank for doing what your country ask you to N.S.D.Q.

Dec 2007
    Culdesac, Idaho
    99 times
    I do sometimes regret getting out of the Navy. But after about a year in the Anbar Province followed by six months in Indonesia for the 2005 tsunami relief, I just couldn't take it anymore. Too much death. Too much destruction. I started to crack. Got out as soon as my contract was up.

Yet, now that time has passed and wounds have healed, I do sort of miss it.

us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    432 times
    If I would have stuck it out, I would have had a 30 yr pension by now and possibly made E-9, E-8 for sure. Had all the training available at the
    time but the Army changed after Vietnam (Which I did not participate in) and it was still evolving when my hitch ended in 1984. Decided that
    better opportunities were available in the "Civilian" world.

I still miss it to this day.
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    897 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Tnx, CM. Nothing meant against civvies, sorry. Today's Military is completely a choice. But, in the '70s and '80s, as a Milwaukee cop, I saw many young men be given a choice... military or jail. The judges were PARTIME RECRUITERS! HA! Take care. TTC
    I was selected to spend some time as an Army Recruiter (11 years) back in 84. I was always amazed at how many parents brought in thier kids with major law violations thinking that the "Military or Jail" option was still availible.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    6330 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdq View Post
    the only reget i have is not still being able to serve, thanks drunk driver, terry you have me beat my count sincei got an came back from iraq is 17 thanks for your service, but thank for doing what your country ask you to N.S.D.Q.
    # 36, nsdq, tnx.

THE KID..... in..... '67

Name:	terry.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	651915

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    6330 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Damn, I haven't seen my pic in a few years! Since the diff between the Army and the CORPS, is VANITY, I will use my old pic for my Avatar! (Damn, that looks good!) TTC

us
    Oct 2011
    Keystone state
    AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
    1540 times
    thanks terry, your #18 happy huntinn , here's the only pic of me in uniform when i was a pfc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 55.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	651922   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 54.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	651923  
    Last edited by nsdq; Jul 07, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links