Calling all marines, where and when did you go to bootcamp?

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mcrd San Diego, CA 1983 Worst 3 months of my life, best 4 yrs of my life.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MCRD San Diego, CA. PLT 1091 Delta Co. Sr. Drill Instructor Sgt Pruitt. Graduated on 09 November, 1983. "We have the meanest Drill Instructors, they're all freakin' nuts. The Senior is a crazy man, the other three are wild. When compared to a savage beast, the savage beast is mild. They never have to beat us. They never will mistreat us. In fact these broken bones you see, happened accidentally!"

pottsie54

Mar 23, 2014
Parris Island, 1st Batallion, Plt. 1008
SDI Ssgt. King
Training Day 1 was 10 Nov 1989. Yes, they killed us!

82ncmarine

Feb 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yellow footprints

I see those yellow footprints and start laughing outloud. Only Marines would need a guide on where to place your feet when standing in formation.....:laughing7:

Sorry TTC, you know how the inter-service rivalry goes, we are all brothers in arms anyways.

Lol, yea and the results are miles above the others!

82ncmarine

Feb 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PI 6/17/82-9/9/82
The first day was my worst and the last day was my best! What a chill down your spine when the platoon was dismissed for the final time! Hoorah!

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Parris Island 1st Battalion Bravo Company Platoon 1010
August 1994-November 1994
SDI SSGT Mathews
DI SGT Stoolman
DI SGT Nadler
DI SGT Harvey

Anyone remember "scrub brush bulkhead". Lol

huntnva

Nov 7, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Plt 2004 H Co 2nd RTB PISC
0311/8152
MCSF Co Charleston
E Co 2/4
1991-1995
Semper Fi!

LuckyPepper

Aug 3, 2015
NY
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery2200,ACE 350,AT pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PI 1992 Feb-May 2nd BT E co plt 2045 I remember
Skuzz brush to the bulkhead! Skuzz brush 500!I picked east coast so I went to Futema okinawa.Forward deployed you get first pick of duty stations.I pick east coast and get 29 stumps.Checking in my CWO asks me what I did to get sent here?LOL.wouldn't trade a minute of any of it now.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
San Diego,Plt.3031,March 1971.S/SGT Kaufman was our Sr.Drill Instructor.Was billeted in quonset huts right next to the airport and had to listen to the planes taking off all the time.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MCRD Parris Island South Carolina Feb.6-May 4,1976. PLT. 217 D. Company 2nd Bn. 2nd to none. Just across the way from the Iwo Jima Monument. Sr. Drill Instructor SSGT. Collins, Asst. Drill Instructor SGT. Nothen, and Asst. Drill Instructor SGT. Bliel. MOS-2111 Small Arms Infantry Repairman (Armorer) Aberdeen Maryland Proving Ground for Armorer School after Boot, and back to the Island after school where I was assigned to Weapons Training Bn. As an Armorer assigned to the Armory, but spent most of my time assigned as the Line Armorer on D' Line in Weapons Bn. Semper Fi To to all Devil Dogs, Leather Necks and Jar Heads. Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MCRD Parris Island South Carolina Feb.6-May 4,1976. PLT. 217 D. Company 2nd Bn. 2nd to none. Just across the way from the Iwo Jima Monument. Sr. Drill Instructor SSGT. Collins, Asst. Drill Instructor SGT. Nothen, and Asst. Drill Instructor SGT. Bliel. MOS-2111 Small Arms Infantry Repairman (Armorer) Aberdeen Maryland Proving Ground for Armorer School after Boot, and back to the Island after school where I was assigned to Weapons Training Bn. As an Armorer assigned to the Armory, but spent most of my time assigned as the Line Armorer on D' Line in Weapons Bn. Semper Fi To to all Devil Dogs, Leather Necks and Jar Heads. Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine.

devildog,saw this and thought it exemplified how Marines feel!There are no ex Marines or former Marines,you,re either a active duty Marine,a retired Marine or a Marine vet!How about them apples?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
devildog,saw this and thought it exemplified how Marines feel!There are no ex Marines or former Marines,you,re either a active duty Marine,a retired Marine or a Marine vet!How about them apples?
Yes sir, a Marine veteran. 3 years 1976-1979. I believe I have spoken with you in the past. Are you also from Georgia?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you qualify to be a lid to the jarhead then.....:laughing7:

My Pop was in Camp Pendleton. I was born there. may not be a jar head, but I'm his half pint.
WOW! Same here! But a jar head I became. MCRD San Diego. Anyone know how Rattle Snake Canyon got its name? Only place on the damned base they never found any. Think I was the only kindergardner in my school that knew the difference between blank & live rounds, and had a couple in my pocket to show. Hmm.. back then live rounds for show n tell = atta boy! Today? Kicked out & on a terrorist watch list. What the heck happened to this world?!?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread