What is the most dangerous thing in the military?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was enlisted, I was photo interpreter for USAF Intelligence 306 Bomb Wing SAC..... Part of my job was plotting bomb impacts on army maps when stationed on Okinawa... I also worked operational war plans when stationed at McCoy AFB in Orlando.

My clearance was Top Secret SIOP ESI....( SIOP-ESI= Single Integrated Operational Plan - Extremely Sensitive Information (US DoD) )

It was the high security clearance that disqualified me from in country duty. Da Nang and Ton Son Nhut were the only 2 bases I was cleared to be stationed, but air force kept giving me orders for in country, each time they did the Bird Col I worked for had them canceled......

I never physically set foot on soil in Nam, but flew On B52s combat missions over both South and North Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia. I got combat pay when I flew and they said I was cleared to fly. I was cleared to fly as volunteer extra passenger to observe radar images and compare them to those I drew for the pilots.

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My very close friend in New Orleans was the same in the air force. He flew missions to collect space craft before the Russians could get them and he was also not allowed over south east Asia cos of it......

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is why he had a good FO, or should I say an RTO as well?
I was a mortars FO for the 26th Marines (just after they left Khe Sahn ). I was very good with map and compass so I always went on the patrols and ambushes. NEVER humped a round or stuffed a tube! Mortars was my MOS yet never was on the tubes. My stay with these extraordinary fighting men was only 3 months long, 'til I joined the CAP outfit. The 26th Marines was battle tested and knew how to wage war! Sorry guys, my personal biases are showing. TTC

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was an FO for the 26th Marines (after they left Khe Sahn ). I was very good with map and compass so I always went on the patrols and ambushes. NEVER humped a round or stuffed a tube! Mortars was my MOS yet never was on the tubes. My stay with these extraordinary fighting men was only 3 months long, 'til I joined the CAP outfit. The 26th Marines was battle tested and knew how to wage war! Sorry guys, my personal biases are showing. TTC

Proof of my point, Terry could read a map " ergo" ( officers word for must be) an enlisted warrior....

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A government which does not honor its promises and commitments to those who have served.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A soldier who lights their lighter because they can't see what they are doing at dusk.."while you are priming C-4 & a 40 lb. Cratering Charge"

Last edited:

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"What is the most dangerous thing in the military?"

Having to take orders from a war criminal :icon_thumleft:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to say the ,,,

The CURRENT JADE HELM 15 exercise going on .

If you do not know what it is,, or what it is about.
I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you do some digging,,, as I have done.
And YES,,, I AM WORRIED.

Hit

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to say the ,,,

The CURRENT JADE HELM 15 exercise going on .

If you do not know what it is,, or what it is about.
I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you do some digging,,, as I have done.
And YES,,, I AM WORRIED.

Hit

Seriously. That's too funny.

mikep829

Jan 18, 2009
Bartlett, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Wilson Coin Select
I have to say that it is the fact that most of our major hospitals are "training" hospitals.

Benhuntn

Greenie
Jul 31, 2015
Charles County, Md
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The current CiC is using the military as a social experiment. He has destroyed leadership (fired more Flag officers than any other CiC) mainly because they wouldn't agree to his lame plans. See pull out dates announced and surging with half the need troops. He has had more of our soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen killed than ever happened under W. He managed to do that when wars were "ended". He put in rules of engagement that would not allow our troops to protect themselves. He has cut the budget, and refused to fire/prosecute VA criminals. How about killing Americans with drones with out trial? Or maybe the American killed in Pakistan that was killed as a hostage by his drones....How about trading 5 harden battle leaders for a traitor and not notifying congress before taking action. The list is too long to post here, but he wins as the biggest loser. 28 yrs in the military and never saw anything like this...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
In country from October 16, '69 through March 9th of '71, I was a translator/interpreter in Vietnamese. A 47 week course in Ft. Bliss to study the language, and another 5 month school with one of our major present day monitors. 40 years later and I am probably still not at liberty to discuss that without repercussions. Let's just say that I had a Top Secret Crypto clearance, assigned to the 4th Infantry Division in Vietnam, and a wonderful vacation in Cambodia late April, 1970 at LZ Spearhead...

The most dangerous thing in the military I saw at the time = a US Army enlisted man...

I had to interrogate an NVA colonel who was mortally wounded. The army guard present with me during the interrogation gouged his fingers into the colonel's wounds trying to get him to talk. The colonel passed without speaking.

Will I personally ever forget? Toi quen nhieu lam, nhung khong co duoc quen tot.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted for rule violation....language and politics..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread