What is the most dangerous thing in the military?

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PVT'S and 2nd Louie's and Batt Commanders

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now , political correctness...............

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was until I retired, now I don't know.

Leco

Dec 9, 2009
Calera, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett CSI 250 (Because I thought it was a ACE 250)
For all of us that served during the last ten or so years, it would be Thursdays. Thursdays are the most dangerous thing in the military. Second would be motorcycles.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all of us that served during the last ten or so years, it would be Thursdays. Thursdays are the most dangerous thing in the military. Second would be motorcycles.

Ok, I've been out since '88. What's so dangerous about Thursdays?

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most dangerous thing today? The Commander-In-Chief...

Without being political... let's examine this assertion, shall we?

The Drunken Fratboy (W): Failed to respond to "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in the US"-type memos. Allowed 9/11 to happen without resistance. Read "My Pet Goat" for over 5 minutes after being informed of the 2nd attack. Started two wars in which thousands of Americans lost their lives, tens of thousands more became permanently disabled, and hundreds of thousands of "the enemy", including many innocent women, children and male civilians were killed. Had no exit plan from either war. Bankrupted America. Failed to follow through with his promise to get Bin Laden "dead or alive". Failed America, allowing New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf coast to suffer without assistance, while telling America that his inexperienced staff were doing a "heckuva job". <Enter thousands of other failures here>.

The current CiC: Brought an end one war... Iraq; a war that America should have never started, but which was started based on lies... in order to line the pockets of the former VP's buddies at Halliburton and elsewhere. Can you say "war profiteering"? I knew that you could. Bringing an end to the second Bush misadventure in Afghanistan. Got Bin Laden. Rescued the American auto industry and stabilized the financial sector after the Bush-led depression. Didn't start unnecessary wars, killing and injuring thousands of Americans. Didn't place Americans at additional risk with statements like "bring 'em on". Didn't place Americans at further risk by violating US and international law to torture "the enemy", which in some cases means innocent cab drivers that happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and were pointed out by others so that they could claim US-paid bounties for turning in subjective radicals.

Perhaps you meant the PREVIOUS Commander-in-Chief... or your politics have made you delusional. Me? I don't support fascists, which is why I left the GOP. Obama has done a stellar job, considering that the party of fascism (GOP) adopted the "oppose everything at all costs" philosophy from the day Obama won the election.

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The most dangerous thing(s) (besides W, the former CiC) in the US military would be a tie:
1. The flight deck on an aircraft carrier
2. Internal Command Politics

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most dangerous thing today? The Commander-In-Chief...

Bah Crap I liked this comment, I will probably have Secret Service Men at my door in an hour from now . Grrrrr

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Without being political... let's examine this assertion, shall we?

The Drunken Fratboy (W): Failed to respond to "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in the US"-type memos. Allowed 9/11 to happen without resistance. Read "My Pet Goat" for over 5 minutes after being informed of the 2nd attack. Started two wars in which thousands of Americans lost their lives, tens of thousands more became permanently disabled, and hundreds of thousands of "the enemy", including many innocent women, children and male civilians were killed. Had no exit plan from either war. Bankrupted America. Failed to follow through with his promise to get Bin Laden "dead or alive". Failed America, allowing New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf coast to suffer without assistance, while telling America that his inexperienced staff were doing a "heckuva job". <Enter thousands of other failures here>.

The current CiC: Brought an end one war... Iraq; a war that America should have never started, but which was started based on lies... in order to line the pockets of the former VP's buddies at Halliburton and elsewhere. Can you say "war profiteering"? I knew that you could. Bringing an end to the second Bush misadventure in Afghanistan. Got Bin Laden. Rescued the American auto industry and stabilized the financial sector after the Bush-led depression. Didn't start unnecessary wars, killing and injuring thousands of Americans. Didn't place Americans at additional risk with statements like "bring 'em on". Didn't place Americans at further risk by violating US and international law to torture "the enemy", which in some cases means innocent cab drivers that happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and were pointed out by others so that they could claim US-paid bounties for turning in subjective radicals.

Perhaps you meant the PREVIOUS Commander-in-Chief... or your politics have made you delusional. Me? I don't support fascists, which is why I left the GOP. Obama has done a stellar job, considering that the party of fascism (GOP) adopted the "oppose everything at all costs" philosophy from the day Obama won the election.

I think you should check your facts on most of your post. Please detail the lies on which the war was started, and also check response time of the government during Katrina. The governors have to ask for assistance in a disaster. It took days for the La Gov to ask for help.

As far as the current CIC, I don't think he has done a good job at all. When elected, he was in a position to do great things for this country, but instead, he brought back racism with a passion. When you appoint an AG who will not prosecute a hate crime if the subject is black, and who has defended terrorists in court, the majority of Americans will be pissed. Bailing out the auto industry with my tax dollars? We lost money on that deal, just like all of the green energy companies the government gave our money to.

This isn't about parties, to many elected officials are there to pad theit own pockets, and not do what is best for our country.

Nothing personal, just my opinion.

Bill

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's my 2 cents.... Obama says "Our Men and Women in uniform FIRST". Yet he has BACKLOGGED over 820,000 military requests for disabled entitlements while trying to RAMROD illegal aliens to be citizens ( which will get more help than our injured service personnel STILL waiting to get benefits!) I'm madder than hell and won't..... TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incidentally, we have been at open war with the Jihadists since '73... and still don't take them serious enough! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread