Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Titusville Municipal marina.
Their e-mail not working for me, but just holler if you would like me to call and ask if they accommodate disabled veterans.
Were that i was closer a visit by boat would be in order.
Sorry you found an idiot Terry.Sadly they exist.
Noting that all correspondence with the city of Titusville is open public record by Florida statutes,(per their website) would an employees out going calls be as well?
A long shot that this person would call to complain against vets from work, but then genius is not shining to strongly either.
Would sound interesting on the nightly news if marina did not take corrective action.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yo Terry!

I just found this thread (been busy in Greaterville) and have to say that I'm sickened at the actions of some people! Like you I'm a vet (Army 75-79) and though many can't believe it due to my long hair and beard. They think I was a draft dodger back in the day or something.

It makes me proud to see that you are trying to do this right and to maintain the higher position instead of lowering yourself (and the rest of us vets) down to their level. Keep getting the ducks in a row and then fire them up man! Discrimination against the disabled be they vets or not is against the law and it sounds to me like this yahoo has got to go in the worst way.

Please keep us posted on developments as they happen man!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt, you have railroad tracks as far as I am concerned, Combat engineers many times have a far rougher road than straight combat troops. My deepest respect to them, one and all.

58 ? yer still a kiddie chasing gals <- I hope, etc., Keep up the run my friend.

Terry will come out ok, the circumstances indicate no problem, just frustration that this has to be gone through.

Hey Terry I'll trade you our Airforce song for your "From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli " any time, even throw in couple of six packs of yer favorite brew Or some of that junk that we experimentally brewed in the jungles..

Don Jose de La Mancha

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Terry, I am so sorry to be reading this. There is a man here in Ft. Laud, he is the "disability sue-king" of Broward county. When a company is not up to code or discriminates, he slaps 'em fast and hard. I'll try to google it, get you a name and number, he's filed HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of suits down here, he made the news, cause folks is mad at him(he's more of a nit picker busy body, than trying to stand for rights, but he may can still help ya).
You got my number, call anytime, and your venting here, could be considered in "punitive damages". :laughing7:
I know this has hurt you terribly! Stay strong, be right, and hang in there!
I'll kick ya an email, or just call me.

Hey Mr Tropi Tramp! I've thought of you and the Mrs. often. My dad would say "You're Welcome", if he could. I thank you, for a wonderful(bittersweet) memory, thank you. Heck, ya'll coulda been shoulder to shoulder. Glad you are here, and thank you both, TT & TC!
And all you servicemen and women, thank you!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning gentlemen & pat kat: The mess sgt has just brewed a fresh pot of coffee, help yourself <(_)P.

I had promised Pat Kat luv a true story of vet discrimination. soooo

Don Jose de La Mancha ----

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening friends: for some reason I was reminded of the col this evening. I can still see him, a tall, gangly, skinny stick of bones with his Dusty, faded, col uniform hanging on him with his ever present .45. He had the usual tarnished, revolution medals hanging from his skinny chest.

We had been casual friends for some time, when as I was going through the plaza, I saw him sitting on a bench a bit slumped over and looking very discouraged. He was the nominal head of one of the local land movements called " El Division del Norte" in reference to Pancho villa. Apparently he had been to the Palacio looking for some aid for his group.

The young clerks at the Palacio were accustomed to make snide remarks about that old relic from the revolution days, and apparently he had been rebuffed.

So without thinking, I stood very erect, and marched over to where he was sitting, came to attention Snapped off my best USAF salute and said "Teniente Curry presente, mi colornel". (Lt Curry present Col:) He blinked and smiled a bit, then stood up and returned my salute, and said "bien venido mi tieniente, descansa se". (Welome my lt, at ease) He waved to the bench that he had been seated on, so I sat with him.

The other passerbyers on the plaza were a bit intrigued and commenced to show him more respect, even to the point of saying "Buenas dias col." They all knew that I had been a Airforce gentleman & pilot. For me to show him respect as being the superior Officer intrigued them. I even saw some of the clerks at the Palacio looking out of the second floor window a us.

Well we talked for some time about this and that, military experiences, campaigns, etc. He then said that in a certain battle he had been shot in the right knee with a 7 mm.. This startled me a bit, since I had 20 mm frags just above my right knee also, which occasionally caused a slight limp.

Naturally the next move was to roll up our pants legs and commence to compare scars, forgetting our fascinated audience. He very carefully checked out my scar tissue then was satisfied. His knee was still a mess, it looked like a rock pile with the lumpy bone rebuilding.

We then continued talking for about an hour, then he said that he has to go back to the Palacio. He stood up straight, so naturally I did also and saluted him again which he returned with great dignity and
left. He now walked straight and with confidence, He won his help easily from the now subdued clerks.

We met off and on for a while, always with the formal salute exchange first, and last.

One night about 2:30 in the morning, I heard this banging on my front door and the sounds of many men?? I quickly put on a pair of pants, and bare footed went to the door. When I opened it the group of men breezed past me into the room, they were all military officers ?? They formed a group around me, my col was with them.

He stepped forward and said "Mi General, me permirtes a presentar a mi buen amigo, El Americano Major Curry de la Fuerza Area de los Estados Unidos". ( My General, may I present my very good friend, Major Curry of the USAF). He proceeded to present me to another General, a couple of col.'s and one poor lonely Major. We swapped stories and a few drinks then they started to leave. When I had a chance I whispered to my friend, "I wasn't a Major". He grinned, and said "you are a Major 'now' to the local military." So I became know as the local Yankee Major pilot.

Incidentally that reputation helped me a few times later. ©@

Don jose de la Mancha

P.S. So remember Terry, in every way you are superior to that jackass and relax.

Remember ego is prob heavily involved in his defensive actions, once committed he has to follow through, so make him a friend of yours if possible.

Last edited:

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on this issue Terry. Might not be a bad idea to follow up on the contact that P-T-K mentioned, the guy might be able to get you started in the right direction. What to do or not to do, and maybe knows of a few shortcuts to "fast-lane" things. I was too young for any useful Service up here in the Great Frozen North, but I can feel your pain man!!

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hi Terry. Thanks for your service. Sorry to hear you have a problem w/ Mail Delivery.
I don't know how you get your mail there. Reading between the lines I'm guessing all the mail for the Marina goes to one place and they pass it out there. I would suggest you make contact with the Carrier and let them know where you are. If they don't have a Regular Assigned Carrier or if they just don't give a damn it wont help. Another suggestion is to call the Post Master. This might not help either, the smaller the Post Office the better it will work. Lastly you might check into a "Hardship Delivery". Put a mail receptical next to your boat and make the Carrier come to it. I don't know how it works where you are but a hardship makes a Carrier get out of a vechicle if it is curbside delivery or delivery to a cluster box and deliver the mail to your door . Good luck.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And then there is the OTHER side. I had a pizza in a local chain. There was a group of High school kids nearby. One of the girls got up, walked over by me, and asked if I was in the military (I ALWAYS wear my Marine Corps cover). She then extended her hand and thanked me! I was speechless! She then commenced to burst my bubble when she said her GRANDFATHER was in Vietnam! OUCH! Anyways, made me feel good. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread