Disabled Vets put down!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How would you (Disabled Vets) feel if personal policy got in the way of your normal routine? How would you feel if a certain employee of the Titusville Municipal Marina refused a package for you, knowing that you will soon occupy a slip as your personal residence, even though other employees have signed for required Va meds at the marina? Would you be upset that this same employee has called the Va on at least two other occasions to "turn in" two other disabled Vets as not worthy to receive disability? I'm sure this is a personal action by this employee and not a Titusville policy. It happened to me today. I am now in fear that required meds may not be signed for because of an employee's actions, KNOWING that my sailboat is parked next door for repairs. And telling the UPS driver that I'm "over there" (meaning next door). I am mad. I am mad enough to take legal action and "walk the sidewalk". Disabled Veterans are being discriminated against at the Titusville Municipal. [email protected] Expect legal action and notifications to local media from me. Terry

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry, it sounds to me like it's time for a "disciplinary" midnight discussion with said employee.
Jim

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, it sounds to me like it's time for a "disciplinary" midnight discussion with said employee.
Jim
Well, Jim. midnight action may be what he needs but then I am the one who loses. I will "hit" Titusville where it hurts, in the purse. It will be the only thing a jurisdiction recognizes. TTC

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to the local newspaper and that sbag will be gone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to the local newspaper and that sbag will be gone.
YES! Part of the plan! First I am required to follow up on the "here-say" comments to get people that will actually say the same thing in a courtroom. My cop investigatory skills will be put back into action. Been to court MANY times. I know how to use the system and will put together necessary parts to this thing. Tnx. TTC

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't go to just one, Go to them All!!! and the news Stations Vets Should Be respected!!! They Served Us Well And everyone Need To Know It Chug Army 1982-1986

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't go to just one, Go to them All!!! and the news Stations Vets Should Be respected!!! They Served Us Well And everyone Need To Know It Chug Army 1982-1986
This thing is still very young yet my distain for this dude only grows. I will also take my fight to the VFW, AMVETS, American Legion, etc, to get advice and maybe be directed to legal council that likes to represent veterans and especially disabled veterans! I have talked to several veterans and even older non-vets. Everyone, including the "never served persons" cannot believe this guy's actions. My main concern is NOT the fact that my package was refused, but through my inquiries, I learned of his unsolicited calls to the VA to try to terminate at least two vet's disability pensions. A disgrace to those that have served and, through serving, have become less than whole! TTC

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Postmaster General in Washington might help. Pretty sure that will nip it in the bud proper. Also contact your Senator Terry, tell him what you have told us.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it does come down to the legal aspect of it Terry, let me know. I'll try and float a fellow Vet a few bucks.

Been awhile since I've been to Florida too, so I could be up for some "midnight action".

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are MAD, Mad! I LIKE it, but this guy will go down in a legal confrontation, not physical. BTW, I like the avatar. I have seen too many flames of late. You and your co-workers are the true heroes of this land! Tnx. Terry

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it does come down to the legal aspect of it Terry, let me know. I'll try and float a fellow Vet a few bucks.

Been awhile since I've been to Florida too, so I could be up for some "midnight action".
MM, I just had a thought. I wish to thank you for the monetary offering but I am in NO WAY soliciting anyone here for contributions .... should I decide on legal actions. I am more than sure that if this situation is investigated and found that disabled veteran's rights were or are being violated, veteran's advocacy lawyers will be LINING UP to help out. As I mentioned above, if I cannot get hard evidence of any wrongdoing, it may never get a day in court. I must wait for the dock-master to return from vacation to even be able to present the situation to the first step. DON'T touch that dial..... stay tuned! TTC

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Georgia Boy here Terry. United States Army Combat Engineer 1978-1998. Disabled Veteran. It appears you have someone with a personal vendetta directed towards you. Totally wrong... what a slimey meat sack this person must be. Holler if you need to vent. Wish the best for you in this situation.
Robin

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sorry to hear this terry.

post the email address of the marina...perhaps a wave of comments on a person who disrespects veterans will bring the culprit to sanity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Titusville Municipal Marina is a nice place. I have lived there before on my boat. My intentions, up until Friday, was to live on a sailboat (there) again. Please understand, I have no beef with the marina. Only with the attitude of one of its employees. So, I thank those that would offer help with this matter. (This situation has brought back memories of the 60's and 70's.) Just south of there, where my boat is now being readied for floating, is also a nice place. By staying here, I get the extras of a gated yard, parking in a secure yard, and many of my friends from bygone days. Some of those friends also have issues with the way they were treated when at the Muni Marina. I will be sailing soon! Tnx agn. TTC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,
Didn't realize that you lived in the great state of FloriDuh! I live on the gulf side, Punta Gorda.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,
Didn't realize that you lived in the great state of FloriDuh! I live on the gulf side, Punta Gorda.
We MUST meet, Freedom! I plan on a trip or two to get some shark teeth at Venice... or the Peace River. Until then..... take care. TTC

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gd 'evening Robim of the RR tracks: Coffee?? :coffee2::coffee2: Military brain food. I agree, someone that can't justify in his mind why even though Terry cannot do a full day's work, is able to draw compensatory help appears to him that Terry is a vampire on his personal bank account. Too many like him.

Terry, I forgive you in that you were a Jarhead - bell hop, but then someone has to do the cleanup work. snicker. Anyway, thank yer mates in the first for keeping me alive in the
Guadalcanal campaign.in 42.:occasion14:

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Terry, I presume that your disability didn't occur from falling out of the second story window when the Shore Patrol raided the happy house?? :dontknow:

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry, I agree on the newspaper thing.

Maybe get an interview and an article posted. And then maybe get that posted on here. And maybe, Blaze, Brietbart, or Drudge might be dropped a line about the article.

All you need is a sympathetic ear at the newspaper.

We don't take that crap! Many, many subtle ways to make amends happen.

Somebody needs and upsizing don'tcha think :)

Nowadays we're reading a lot of articles about vets being discriminated against, and plenty are delighted to take the flag ahead.

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry this happened to you Terry. I am also a disabled vet. While this guys attitude may suck and we may disagree with his position, he is still allowed to be as big a douche as wants. That is what we fight for. I would start by talking to him and being straight forward(not with an attitude.) If afterwards you feel that he is going to be an issue for you or anyone else then talk to his boss. If that gets you nowhere find the owner of the marina. The last resort should be newspaper and legal actions as it may cause damage to the reputation of the marina unjustly. We have to be tolerant of idiots, after all we are surrounded by them.

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You call on us, Terry, if you need to vent or ask advise. WE, Veterans, will attempt to assist. I hate this is happening to you. Tropical Tramp, I never had RR tracks. I had SFC stripes. The moniker came from getting my six pack license from the Coast Guard and running shrimp boats after I retired from the US Army, and what my friends children and grandchildren call me. I know the discrimination directed towards disabled Veterans. I'm 58 years old, six feet tall, weigh in at about 180, and do not readily 'appear' disabled. Yet the VA and SSA have found me to be so. Twenty years as a Combat Engineer takes its toll on your body and mind. Let's hope the best for, and support Terry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread