How many Vietnam Vets Still on this site?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
God bless our U.S. Military, and damn the hippies that hate them!

I must admit that then I came home = my hair couldn't grow quickly enough. I became one of those "very worthless individuals" for about 3 years - didn't give a rat's butt about anything. Later on in life I began thinking about the future ahead.

I got here, and there's nobody coming up my holler disturbing my life. I type on here sometimes going into early mornings. Those were times I wasn't sleeping.

Let's roll up my role here?

I hate no one, and I have friends among my enemies.

Really, think about it, are they my enemies after all ?????

I separate those question marks, because it is a genuine question.

Just ask yourself all the details as who you actually are = what have you seen and how do you feel about that!

I have "opponents" on here for years = however, they are on my FRIENDS list.

Clarity about life is the greatest gift we can ever receive.

Are your enemies really hate you to your death? Or are they actually here to show you things you've blocked out?

Whole lotta things to see here. Who are your friends?

I've very long and good friends here who completely disagree with me.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
At Fort Leonard Wood, 1964, I encountered a man who was processing out, for his 25, I think it was. That meant he also saw WWII, Korea, and perhaps VN. He might have had many tales to tell.

Well, he actually did. He commented on the fact they told us 2nd Lt. only lasted a few seconds in combat. He was the first one to tell us it in most cases was "unfriendly friendly" fire. That horrified me and I have never forgotten it.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Signal Corp. 32F20 Project New Life
1643734787268.png

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Air Cav Div '66-'67. An Khe, Bong Son, LZ English. Basic at Ft. Ord, CA. Radio school at Ft Ord, CA May to Oct. '66. First Cav Oct.'66 - Oct. '67. Ft. Gordon, GA at signal school Security Division Dec,'67 to May "68.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monmouth or gordon I was an instructor that course several years.
Ft. Monmouth, NJ Eatontown. That was tough training, ... 40 weeks, 5 days a week, 8 hours each day, ... electronic theory. Plus 8 weeks of COBET. aaaarrrruuuugggghhhhh !! Long live PONTUS !! Hail WECO 207 !! TP901 = Clock Signal, who could forget. You must have been a Cracker-Jack, only the top students are offered Instructor. How did you like that C&W Music being played outside the 'cage'! Page counting with sign-off at the end of each class. All back when this Country was United for the most part, not at all what we see happening today.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever run across a Sea Bee named David Georgini? Not sure when he was there. My GrandFather was a SeaBee in WWII,New Georgia and Vella Lavella. I was a Marine alright,but the closest I got was Okinawa.1971-72. Thanks to you all who were there.
Name does not ring any bells.

I served from 69 - 73 but never got orders to Nam.

I always try to make sure I say I am a "Viet Nam Era Vet" as opposed to Viet Nam Vet.

All those who served "in Country" regardless of service affiliation are the ones who had it hard!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name does not ring any bells.

I served from 69 - 73 but never got orders to Nam.

I always try to make sure I say I am a "Viet Nam Era Vet" as opposed to Viet Nam Vet.

All those who served "in Country" regardless of service affiliation are the ones who had it hard!
Just wondered,he was in country and a SeaBee,still kicking. I can call myself a Era vet too since I fit the profile but usually don,t.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread