How many Vietnam Vets Still on this site?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the last several months, two 4th Infantry vets have contacted me, with one at the same time, and same places that I was, on this board.

I know there are Vietnam veterans still on this site - and our numbers are growing so much fewer - at a faster pace than the WWII vets did. I read one site which said that out of over 6m, there were only about 800k left alive as of now.

There are not very many left here. I've spent many years not talking about the war, and I'm pretty sure most have felt the same way about it. It is only in the last few years that I have felt it was a very significant part of my life. I still talk very little about it, just the minimal things.

After all, the nation didn't act like they wanted us to come home at all.

Anybody left who cares about it - Nam vets only please....

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still here too.

DD808 Dennis J. Buckley USN

Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 9.02.29 PM.png

ezman604

Jan 8, 2014
West Coast of Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Bud 220 Select
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.youtube.com/v/AgYLr_LfhLo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0
I'm considered a Vietnam "ERA" Veteran. I served in South East Asia in support of the Vietnam War but not until 1975. But one of my 4 missions is called the last official combat of the Vietnam War, the USS Mayaguez incident. Even with that, I'm not authorized to wear a Vietnam service ribbon. I thank you one and all for your service and wish I had been born a few years earlier. But I also wish I have been born a couple of centuries earlier to have served then also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lizzie Palmer created this video. She is a resident of Columbus, Ohio and, according to an April 27, 2011 Fox News interview was 15 years old when she created this video to honor our troops in 2006. She posted the video on the popular YouTube.com web site where, at the time of this writing, it has been viewed over 30 million (MILLION) times. I can understand why.
Don...

PArebel

Oct 26, 2007
Clearfield County, PA
Hi,
I do not usually respond to requests like this one. As many of you, it took many years for me to even tell people I had served in Vietnam. I was not in a combat unit. Served with MACV from July 67 to Feb 69. Was there for Tet 68.
Now, I have pins on my hats that read "Vietnam Vet". Many guys in my age bracket have seen the pins, shake my hand and say "welcome home".
Thanks to all who served. God Bless.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a dozen of us here then, as posted so far. I'm sure there are more who haven't responded. Some 87k member of TNet? A lot fewer Viet vets than I would have thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread