BREAKING NEWS: Wounded Warrior Charity May Be Wasting Donations!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why does it seem like Executives don't have any ethics anymore? It's a sad state of affairs. People who donate have good hearts and intend for their money
to go to the cause NOT to elaborate parties for paid staff.

harleyglide

Jun 16, 2013
illinois
Detector(s) used
sharpshooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only charity I'll give to is the salvation army I know there legitimate. The wounded warriors is looking more like a scam sorry to say I wish this not to be true but I'll bet there's a hell lot more going on besides what CBS found.How people can live with there self is beyond me.Just check out the salaries these rascals are paying to the execs sometimes millions!It's all public you would be shocked .

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received an e mail a couple year ago on what actually goes the the Veterans from these guys. I believe it was around 3%. While the guys running it are pulling in over a million a year. This info supposedly came from the IRS. If I can find it, Ill post it up. I will never donate to these guys. I donate to our local Wounded Warrior fund through the Marine Corps League detachment I used to belong to. 100% goes to the Veterans.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to donate a vehicle one time but changed my mind after asking about how it would be used and got a big runaround and no satisfactory answers. Still looking for a good charity to help with the donation of a vehicle.

S

stefen

Each year we witness the week long Wounded Warriors program that takes place at the County Fair grounds in our village.

It provides a means for WW to obtain access to a multitude of services from haircuts to legal to financial aid to healthcare.

To me that's what's important... and we give directly to the WW by providing meals and shelter.

Unfortunately most we see are homeless because they were not provided for when they were released into society to fend for themselves.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Unfortunately most charities eat up a large portion of donations for admin....average in Canada is 45% and quite a few more.

The salvation army is one of the better ones.

Regards + HH

Bill

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
....I think I just ePuked my guts out! Never would have dreamed that about WW.

TommyB wrote, "Why does it seem like Executives don't have any ethics anymore? It's a sad state of affairs. People who donate have good hearts and intend for their money
to go to the cause NOT to elaborate parties for paid staff
. "

There's something with this "New" America. Newlywed kids needing a home bigger, nicer and more expensive than anything their parents had, high school kids driving fancy cars instead of used clunkers (or the bus....you know, that big yellow car with all the windows), graduating from college only to be under-educated for work at McDonald's...

The world is changing, and not for the better, I'm afraid! WAY too much dependency on technology as well. Plus, when you never have to hunt (or farm) for your food, you get lazy. Never having to work for your food, you get dependent. Never having to get punished for doing something wrong, well, ....we have a serious problem here!

The world is moving away from looking to its elders as being wise.

The world is moving away from taking from nature as needed, and simply takes for profit.

The list goes on and on.

Not everyone is this way (by far), but the trending is leaning dangerously towards this general direction. There's no such thing as "To big to fail."

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WWP has been found to be operating well within above average limits for legitimate spending and operating well above normal parameters for what it should be spending, ratio wise, between executives and what it actually gives to wounded vets. No dishonesty and no problems. Basically, they have been cleared for the most part according to Bill O'Reilly on Fox News who investigated and was very interested because he supports WWP openly on his show.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You say "no problems". The problem is they operate (as you wrote) "well above normal parameters for what it should be spending". Check out other vet-assistance programs and you'll find several others that are much more efficient and effective; and allocate a much greater percentage of their donations to the vets--not to the administrators, solicitors and to their social gatherings.
Don.........

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nowadays you wonder who to donate to,and it makes you wonder about other vetrans charities as well.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you've seen the TV show where the WW vets go fishing off Martha's Vineyard, but the captains/owners of those boats are all friends of mine and they work for free for the vets. The vets get to stay at a premier inn near the harbor and the inn's owners also donate all meals and rooms. Odd thing to me is that they have done this for several years and it seems like it is mostly the same vets each time. Most of these guys are really hurting/disabled and I admire my friends for donating their time and fuel to take them fishing.

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The are like the NRA, send in one red cent and they bombard you with junk mail sent bi-weekly for infinity. Good thing the recycle bin is between the mailbox and my house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread