Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of our relatives has gone missing and his Mother is worried frantic.
If you are anywhere in the related Florida or Alabama areas and have seen Daniel (aka Jason) or possibly know anything about him, please contact the sheriffs dept or local law enforcement.

His Mother said he was staying near the base and possibly could have gone off into the woods (for solitude, to collect his thoughts, tired of mainstream, lack/loss of comrades..... we just don't know)
If he has CHOSE to go off into the woods near the base, be alone, his family respects his decisions, we are just worried and long to hear some news, any news or word, that he is alive and ok.
Any news is better than not knowing. Please keep him in your thoughts, especially is you live or travel the areas he may be. Thank you.

Missing Veterans ? Daniel Jason Higgins

"Daniel Jason Higgins, AKA Jason Higgins, is a U.S. Air Force Veteran who was last heard from on February 13, 2016 and was possibly in or near Davenport, Florida. Daniel Higgins left Clewiston, Florida on February 2, 2016 and went to Jacksonville, Florida for an interview at an Air Base. He left Jacksonville, Florida on February 12, 2016 to head back to Clewiston, Florida, but called his mother on February 13, 2016 to let her know the job at the Air Base did not start for a month and he was going to stay with a friend named Mike who was going to give him a job until the job at the Air Base started. The last time Jason Higgins used his credit card or sunpass (Florida’s Pre-paid Toll Program) was on February 16, 2016 and he has not been seen or heard from since.

Around the same time as his family last heard from him, his cell phone, bank account, and both his facebook and twitter accounts, were shut down. The Hendry County Sheriff’s Office contacted his friend Mike who told them that Jason came by his office and borrowed $100.00 he and told Mike that he was going to his mom’s in Clewiston. Mike wasn’t sure of the date the money was borrowed in February. Since his bank account was closed, his pension check for March was returned to the Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS).

His vehicle, a red 2014 Mercedes C250 with Florida license plate Y44CBM was located in a Walmart parking lot in Santa Rosa county Florida on Thursday, March 24th 2016, at 3:00 a.m.. A Detective who reviewed the Walmart security camera footage mentioned that the vehicle arrived on February 19, 2016 and Jason Higgins was seen leaving his car and going into the Walmart, using the restroom and buying a few things. It appears that for at least a short time, Jason Higgins was living in his car. A few weeks ago (Date not made available) a white car picked up Jason Higgins and he has not been back to his vehicle since. All of his personal belongings are still in the vehicle.

Daniel Jason Higgins (AKA: Jason Higgins) is 39 years old as of the date he went missing in February 2016. Jason Higgins is described as a white male standing 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing approximately 170 pounds. Jason Higgins has brown hair, brown facial hair and blue-gray eyes. Jason Higgins has a tattoo of an 8-ball between his thumb and 4th finger about the size of a dime. He also has a tattoo of a joker on his right arm.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of Daniel Jason Higgins (AKA: Jason Higgins), contact the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office, Deputy J Perez at 863-805-5000 reference case # HC8016OFF000712."

Thank you for any help and blessings...... :notworthy:

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure I should update this..... no one needs to keep looking.
Law enforcement found his body,
and that's about all I got to say about that......
other than thank you all, who have been mindful of him.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The article says he was found alive. Was there another incident?

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awww, yeah, so sorry.
I didn't even re-read the article.
He went off to the woods, took his rifle with him......
Out in Calif or was in NC ?, I can't remember now, after he did get to spend some time with his Mom.

Thanks for pointing that out, just feels like I/we/us
failed another one..........

http://themountaineer.villagesoup.com/p/daniel-jason-higgins/1593468?source=rss

WAYNESVILLE — Daniel Jason Higgins, 39, passed away peacefully on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2016.
He was preceded in death by his second mother, Janie Higgins; and grandparents, Fred and Flora Strickland, and Pete and Louise Higgins.
Daniel is survived by his daughter, Isabel Higgins, of Italy; father, Daniel Higgins, of Waynesville; mother, Patricia Ann Strickland, of Clewiston, Florida; two brothers, Gary Davis, of Orlando, Florida, and Jason Browning, of Charlotte; four sisters, Louise Higgins, of Waynesville, Terry (Jimmy) Usher, of Loxahatchee, Florida, Amy (Billy) Boozer, of Columbia, South Carolina, and Tara (Todd) King, of Pompano Beach, Florida; two aunts, Glenda Strickland and Vickie Bryson; two uncles, Dale Strickland and Van Strickland; grandfather, Mark Palmer; along with numerous ...

(I also got a lot on my mind and trying to get too much done, forgive me if I overlooked something and thanks again).

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Pat, you are forgiven for being worried about someone who matters.

And that's more than most of the world would have been concerned about.

Stay YOU!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awww, yeah, so sorry.
I didn't even re-read the article.
He went off to the woods, took his rifle with him......
Out in Calif or was in NC ?, I can't remember now, after he did get to spend some time with his Mom.

Thanks for pointing that out, just feels like I/we/us
failed another one..........

http://themountaineer.villagesoup.com/p/daniel-jason-higgins/1593468?source=rss

WAYNESVILLE — Daniel Jason Higgins, 39, passed away peacefully on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2016.
He was preceded in death by his second mother, Janie Higgins; and grandparents, Fred and Flora Strickland, and Pete and Louise Higgins.
Daniel is survived by his daughter, Isabel Higgins, of Italy; father, Daniel Higgins, of Waynesville; mother, Patricia Ann Strickland, of Clewiston, Florida; two brothers, Gary Davis, of Orlando, Florida, and Jason Browning, of Charlotte; four sisters, Louise Higgins, of Waynesville, Terry (Jimmy) Usher, of Loxahatchee, Florida, Amy (Billy) Boozer, of Columbia, South Carolina, and Tara (Todd) King, of Pompano Beach, Florida; two aunts, Glenda Strickland and Vickie Bryson; two uncles, Dale Strickland and Van Strickland; grandfather, Mark Palmer; along with numerous ...

(I also got a lot on my mind and trying to get too much done, forgive me if I overlooked something and thanks again).

I'm very sorry to hear that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread