I think a message to our brothers might perk up some spirits

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
We have a whole lot of brothers here. I know we have at least one veteran of Guadalcanal. I pray Don Jose is well, a legend and a hero.

Vietnam sucked, and that's a fact. I came home to a place where fathers didn't want their daughters dating me. It was a very long time before I even felt the urge to feel proud. At worst, it really messed up my life. At best, it educated me and made me look past routines. I guess I'd learned strategy in life for that, plan plan plan, and then seize seize seize. I was never afraid to change locations, take advantage of offers, etc. Hell, I've lived in 29 states.

To the subject, I wish to offer a point of encouragement to all our brothers.

Most signatures on our profiles say nothing, there really is not a high percentage of vets even mentioning their service. The world and climate of this nation has changed now.

Be PROUD of your service, and take credit for the experience in your signature line.

I am now very proud to be an American. And you should be as well. Keep the faith.

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE party all night!!!!!!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no veteran, but I am thankful to all who have served regardless of the situation they served in. No telling where we would be with out all of you. Thanks for everything.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Deep:

Well stated.
During the Nam era I was stationed at MAFB, Riverside ('63-'69) as an Operating Room Tech.; a member of the 452[SUP]nd[/SUP] Tac. Hospital unit. While B-52s practiced 'touch and goes', C-119s would frequently land with wounded warriors. The scene at the hospital was then like an 'incoming' scene from the TV show MASH.

Thankfully, in one respect, that hospital is no longer;having been demolished and replaced by community service buildings.Thankfully, also, are most of those hospital memories.
My avatar, showing my son and his son,(representing the future, not the past) is where I focus my thoughts and effort today. God Bless America and to those who serve today and those, like yourself, who have served.
Don...

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Don, I had not seen that picture before. All them people sitting down? Probably all much more healthy than him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread