Fourth of July Flag Folding Ceremony

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a superb Fourth of July! America is alive and well in 2017. I had the privilege and honor of taking part in a Flag Folding Ceremony & Presentation at The Rosary Hill Home. It was a proud, but emotional day for me. To be there with my fellow veterans, the patients and their families, and the wonderful nuns and volunteers, was amazing.

Today we presented 92-year-old Seaman 2nd Class John Tesoro, who manned an Anti-Aircraft gun on a Navy Destroyer in the Sea of Japan ...in 1944-1945 with the American Flag he fought so bravely under all those years ago. It meant a lot to me to salute this man and his family, and I hope he could feel the love of a grateful Nation.

Rosary Hill, which is run by the Catholic Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne, NY, accepts no payment from the families of those they treat — all of them with incurable cancer. The nuns threw a 4th of July Barbeque second to none! My thanks and respect go out to them for all they do. God Bless America! :hello2:

Attachments

• aa1.jpg
    aa1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • aa3.jpg
    aa3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 73
  • aa5.jpg
    aa5.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 88
  • aa9.jpg
    aa9.jpg