Soldier salutes funeral procession

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I thought they didn't make humans like that anymore. Not a good man, a great man. I salute him!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salute out to all vets, active and former.

I have stopped many times and saluted a passing vet's funeral procession.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suspect that this soldier might have known the deceased and the deceased was a vet or active military, being a military town and all. Either way, this was an extremely honorable thing for this soldier to do. Please notice that the soldier is standing there in the pouring rain in starched fatigues and bloused boots. We have nearly the same laws and traditions here in Texas and I've stopped and pulled over onto the shoulder on a 4 lane highway as a funeral goes by. I honestly can't say that I'd get out, stand at attention and salute in the pouring rain, UNLESS I knew for sure it was a fellow vet or active military person's funeral. Getting many people to just stop and pull over anymore is getting harder and harder. Many good traditions are dying out as unfortunately most of the civilian population doesn't give a flip much anymore for the old traditions.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread