The "Stupid" Navy Corpsman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, Terry, no such thing as a stupid Corpsman. They might do stupid things but as long as they keep saving Marines' lives, they can never be stupid. Col. Ollie is high on my hero list too. ╦╦Ç

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love me the “Doc”! Some of the finest Sailors I knew were corpsman, on a submarine there are no doctors just the “Doc” and they were worth their weight in gold more times than I can count.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I do not think Terry was describing the Corpsman as “stupid”. That implication was made by the news crew described by
Col North in the video.

Time for more coffee.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think Terry was describing the Corpsman as “stupid”. That implication was made by the news crew described by
Col North in the video.

Time for more coffee.
I understood that from the get go. It just hit a nerve that the reporter should stomp on someone that can do no wrong. If the reporter was in combat, he would know why us Marines elevate corpsmen to God-like status. No disrespect to my buddy Terry. ╦╦Ç

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all Navy Corpsmen are all that they are cracked up to be Terry...I had a very bad experience once with one when I was in the Corps on Okinawa...That one bad Navy Corpsman gave me a bad impression on all others that eventually led to my discharge from the Corps I believe...

So I beg to differ that all Navy Corpsmen are water walkers...

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Not a problem, TerryC. Sometimes it is difficult to convey what we mean to say through the written word. Or properly understand what was written. I know I have had each occur to me on more occasions than I care to count.

Time for more coffee.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not all Navy Corpsmen are all that they are cracked up to be Terry...I had a very bad experience once with one when I was in the Corps on Okinawa...That one bad Navy Corpsman gave me a bad impression on all others that eventually led to my discharge from the Corps I believe...

So I beg to differ that all Navy Corpsmen are water walkers...
Sorry you had that experience, John. As for me, a corpsman could break my nose and I'll still buy him a beer ten minutes later..... after we laugh over nose braces. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a problem, TerryC. Sometimes it is difficult to convey what we mean to say through the written word. Or properly understand what was written. I know I have had each occur to me on more occasions than I care to count.

Time for more coffee.
The spoken word, the written word, thoughts never spoken.... we all see things differently. That's what makes all of us unique; that's what makes life fun! ╦╦Ç

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a firm believer in hooting with the owls at night and soaring with the eagles in the morning...Even up to the time of my discharge I maintained very good pro's and con's...Even the good ole 300 pft...

I am sure that there are many corpsmen that are worth their weight in gold ya'll...Don't get me wrong...I just had an incident with one that led me to a future incident where I floored a naval Capt. in the same Naval Hospital on Kadena air base Okinawa, where I had had the problem with a gay corpsman who tried to take advantage of me while I was in patent leather restraints...I had gotten into a fight with a fellow Marine at our barracks while drinking at our Camp Kinser base...Of course I was winning the fight up until I realized that other Marines were betting on the fight...At which point I quit fighting and got pummeled by the other guy...They all thought I was crazy because I was feeling no pain and the other guy could not believe that I was taking all that he could give and he could not knock me out...I don't remember his name...But his best bud's name was Bendon I believe...Anyhow...I ended up getting a ride in an ambulance to the hospital where the corpsman tried to take advantage of me in restraints...Of course I broke them and tried to beat up said corpsman...Oh well...We live and learn...After raising Cain they did not leave me alone with the corpsman...rofl...

Beer beer beer said the private...Merry ole men are we...lol

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To JohnWhite..... Your guy was just part of the 'famous 10 percent'. There is always a couple of bad apples in every barrel.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know. If any gay guy grabbed my nuts, I wouldn't give his back 'til I was standing tall in front of a courts martial. (afterwards, I'd buy him a drink and tell the bartender to put two olives in his martini!) ╦╦Ç

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. If any gay guy grabbed my nuts, I wouldn't give his back 'til I was standing tall in front of a courts martial. (afterwards, I'd buy him a drink and tell the bartender to put two olives in his martini!) ╦╦Ç

Well Terry...I ended up with a OTH...If it had not been for my prior pros and cons and pft record and such I may have received a big chicken dinnner...Though nobody wanted to believe that said corpsman's actions were as I had stated...Oh well...

IF it were not as it was...I would not be where I am today Terry...And I truly wish I had asked for forgiveness from the Navy Captain Surgeon who was treating me at a later time, that I knocked to the floor with one punch...He truly did his duty...He got right back up and treated my wounds...He was the one I considered a water walker at the time...He was the one who gave the order to cut all of my clothes off at the time of the later incident to check me for further wounds...I had not known any better at the time...I was thinking that he too was gay and wanted to see me naked...All thanks to the actions of said corpsman at the earlier time...

Heck...I was enjoying it...I was thinking it was a female nurse who was feeling me out...Little did I know it was a little queen...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread