Vietnam Veterans Day March 29th - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Vietnam Veterans Day March 29th

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2013
    YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y.
    WHITES DFX AND VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab to start 2018
    4251 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Terry Soloman, look at that young buck in the picture.... thank you for your service... my brother Robert (Bob) Terwilliger was there with you and a friend Johnny Everitt, too.. God Bless you all... Basssmann (Ray) and it's good to have a day for the Vietnam Vet's ...

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    834 times
    The bracelet brings back many memories. I grew up just outside the gate at Fort Bragg, NC during the Viet Nam era. Too young to serve, I wore the bracelet of a POW for years until I finally was able to get in touch with him. I sent him the bracelet and we talked about meeting but he, unfortunately, passed away before we could make that happen. Again, thank you to all who served.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    23715 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18469 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I am former ASA (Army Security Agency), which is a branch of the NSA - top secret crypto clearance. But then I'm not "former". It is a lifetime thing. I've been amazed over the years what that meant for me. I came home a very nasty individual, got through that. The times I was in trouble, and oh yeah I got in trouble. But the charges were always dropped. Then I got my mind in the right frame, walked away from that nasty life and got motivated by money - the bucks available out there when one looks at the future. Yeah, it was a lifetime thing, and now I just hide up the holler. Even this thread is closely monitored, period! Maybe because I posted here?

It's all done by computers now, every single thing we do is monitored, recorded. Just part of life in the modern world. What we have now is way beyond anything I could imagine 50 years ago.
    Last edited by DeepseekerADS; May 30, 2019 at 12:15 PM.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    834 times
    Deepseeker ...

Two things. First, thank you for your service to our great country.

Next, you are quite correct that much of our communications is at least casually observed. Now, I don't want to sound like some government conspiracy nut-bag and I certainly don't think there are nefarious watchdogs looking at my every e-mail. What I write is generally not that interesting and certainly never threatening. I am convinced that there are entities who are paid to just look for key words to better direct advertising my way. It's always interesting to do a Google search for something and, without so much as a heartbeat, an ad for that type of product shows up in a sidebar somewhere. That's just the nature of business.

I long ago gave up the idea that once i decided to post anything on the Internet that I had any semblance of privacy in those communications. If I want to say anything private to someone else, I will actually revert to pen and paper and send a letter.
    Terry Soloman likes this.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links