Vietnam Veteran's Day March 29th

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• VetV.jpg
    VetV.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 90

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You Terry and ALL Vietnam Vets For Their Service! It's Appreciated Here!

Kace

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for posting, brother.
Jim

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you Terry for your service. We must never forget our Veterans. Semper Fi.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, you guys will never be forgotten!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Teter said that much of the impact of Reflections (at The Wall) can be attributed to the powerful memories the image evokes.

"The picture is light reflecting off pieces of paint and the canvas," he said. "That's the painting. The picture itself is in the mind of the viewer. The art becomes every person. It triggers memories that are very, very personal. While we all see the same image on the canvas, we don't all see the same picture. The people it truly affects are people who have deeply buried memories, sometimes not so deeply buried. The faces they see are the faces they are familiar with, not the ones in the painting. People aren't seeing the painting. They're seeing reflections of their own past. That's why they cry. It's not my art. It's their memories."
Don.......

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• washington 087.jpg
    washington 087.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 101
  • washington 089.jpg
    washington 089.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
  • washington 091.jpg
    washington 091.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
  • washington 094.jpg
    washington 094.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 101

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2 of my uncles served in Vietnam and both made it back. Thanks to all who served and thanks for posting!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's My Bracelet....There's Been Such Controversy Over What Happened With The Baron 52 and Crew... I've Kept It and Still Wear It At Times...Like Today. It's Displayed With My Family's Military Things When I'm Not Wearing It.

IMG_4030.PNG

I Don't Want Any Of Our Guys Forgotten.

Are any of you guys familiar with Sgt. Peter R. Cressman or the Baron 52?

Kace

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman, look at that young buck in the picture.... thank you for your service... my brother Robert (Bob) Terwilliger was there with you and a friend Johnny Everitt, too.. God Bless you all... Basssmann (Ray) and it's good to have a day for the Vietnam Vet's ...

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bracelet brings back many memories. I grew up just outside the gate at Fort Bragg, NC during the Viet Nam era. Too young to serve, I wore the bracelet of a POW for years until I finally was able to get in touch with him. I sent him the bracelet and we talked about meeting but he, unfortunately, passed away before we could make that happen. Again, thank you to all who served.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I am former ASA (Army Security Agency), which is a branch of the NSA - top secret crypto clearance. But then I'm not "former". It is a lifetime thing. I've been amazed over the years what that meant for me. I came home a very nasty individual, got through that. The times I was in trouble, and oh yeah I got in trouble. But the charges were always dropped. Then I got my mind in the right frame, walked away from that nasty life and got motivated by money - the bucks available out there when one looks at the future. Yeah, it was a lifetime thing, and now I just hide up the holler. Even this thread is closely monitored, period! Maybe because I posted here?

It's all done by computers now, every single thing we do is monitored, recorded. Just part of life in the modern world. What we have now is way beyond anything I could imagine 50 years ago.

Last edited:

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepseeker ...

Two things. First, thank you for your service to our great country.

Next, you are quite correct that much of our communications is at least casually observed. Now, I don't want to sound like some government conspiracy nut-bag and I certainly don't think there are nefarious watchdogs looking at my every e-mail. What I write is generally not that interesting and certainly never threatening. I am convinced that there are entities who are paid to just look for key words to better direct advertising my way. It's always interesting to do a Google search for something and, without so much as a heartbeat, an ad for that type of product shows up in a sidebar somewhere. That's just the nature of business.

I long ago gave up the idea that once i decided to post anything on the Internet that I had any semblance of privacy in those communications. If I want to say anything private to someone else, I will actually revert to pen and paper and send a letter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions