OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad to say, I'll spend my day not watching all this stuff on TV today. Lost friends, high school friend, etc over in the desert. I remember them all, but when all you saw on the news after 9-11 was the footage over and over and you're sitting in the middle of a desert sending your crews into harm's way, it takes a toll on you.

Now I know why my dad had issues with Vietnam footage, and his uncle's with WWII footage.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad to say, I'll spend my day not watching all this stuff on TV today. Lost friends, high school friend, etc over in the desert. I remember them all, but when all you saw on the news after 9-11 was the footage over and over and you're sitting in the middle of a desert sending your crews into harm's way, it takes a toll on you. Now I know why my dad had issues with Vietnam footage, and his uncle's with WWII footage.

Thank you as well ffuries for your service. I was Airborne Artillery, and was ordered out of a few Air Force aircraft prior to landing during my stent in the Army '73-'76. I am very proud of my granddaughter, and all the kids that volunteer today.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you as well ffuries for your service. I was Airborne Artillery, and was ordered out of a few Air Force aircraft prior to landing during my stent in the Army '73-'76. I am very proud of my granddaughter, and all the kids that volunteer today.

Thank you for your service also Terry. I remember on one stateside TDY, we were doing HALO drops at Pinal Air Park, AZ. The pilot faked an inflight emergency (Pre planned with the jumpmaster). The jumpers went out the side doors instead of the off the ramp. I tell you what it's cold as heck at 19,000 feet (Something like -46) ice formed on the ramp during the drops.

The Army guys we were dropping weren't happy when they found out the emergency was a ruse. I had a slot for jump school at Benning, when I was still young and dumb, but had to give it up for one of our Pilots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread