To My Fellow Veterans on Veterans Day - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: To My Fellow Veterans on Veterans Day

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
    9308 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Just a little humor on Veteran's Day. Please don't take any offense. Celebrating with all of you. 3rd ANGLICO USMC 1971-1977
    Attachment 1878946
    I see nothing wrong with it, Tommy! Seriously, we are all spokes in a wheel. Take a spoke out and the wheel is useless. ╦╦C
    Most of my screw-up decisions in my life were to appease my friends, not my conscience. Sorry, but going forward, some of you will no longer call me friend.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33812 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Just a little humor on Veteran's Day. Please don't take any offense. Celebrating with all of you. 3rd ANGLICO USMC 1971-1977
    Attachment 1878946
    I think it is funny TommyB. The rivalry between Marines and Army is well know. I had uncles in Marines, Army, Navy, brother was Army Warrant Officer flying copters in Nam for 3 tours and my father was in Army Air Corp then Air Force, he was tail gunner on B17s. I joined the Air Force during Nam because my father was in the Air Force. I constantly see digs at the Air Force, doesn't really bother me, no one complained when the Air Force Jet fighters and B-52s was bombing the crap out of the enemy positions trying to overrun bases and camps in Nam..... Some old timers may know what Arc Light missions were, that was me.

Unfortunately the 3 tours my brother did as copter pilot ended up killing him later on because of Agent Orange.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Nov 11, 2020 at 10:14 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

Charter Member
    us
    Bear cub whisperer

Jun 2015
    NW CT
    Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer Vibra-probe / TRX pp
    1957 times
    MD & NA artifacts, pull-tab recovery
    Am I the only one who has this memory? There we were, getting sworn in: “raise your right hand and repeat after me, ‘I, state your name...’ “ and some clown, instead of saying his name said “state your name”. And they gave this guy a weapon and live rounds. You can’t make this stuff up.

Happy Veteran’s Day to all you vets and to my generation: “Welcome Home”.
    dts

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33812 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dts52 View Post
    Am I the only one who has this memory? There we were, getting sworn in: “raise your right hand and repeat after me, ‘I, state your name...’ “ and some clown, instead of saying his name said “state your name”. And they gave this guy a weapon and live rounds. You can’t make this stuff up.

Happy Veteran’s Day to all you vets and to my generation: “Welcome Home”.
    dts
    Didn't happen on my induction that I heard, but some did raised the wrong hands.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
    137 times
    Thanks Guys & Gals, I hope We made a difference...Seabees-----------?? what, I'd never heard of the Seabees in 1965.. I loved it. "You drive/operate farm equipment, and that's what you're going to do in the Navy."

us
    JrMack

Feb 2014
    steuben co. ny
    bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
    181 times
    To all who served,
    Wishing you and all your family's best wishes today! Sgt McConnell USAF

us
    Don

Feb 2016
    Missouri
    macro racer 2, whites mx5, trx pinpointer
    1188 times
    Metal Detecting
    A day late just seen this on my gmail this morning. Hoping y'all had a blessed vets day!

Helicopter mechanic Vietnam 6/70-2/72.

Don

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4271 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    Tnx! OORAH!!​ ╦╦C
    SEMPER FI Devil Dog, and a Happy Veterans Day to All Veterans of All Branches of our Armed Forces. Yes, even Anchor Crankers. (Just pullin' your chain) All have a great Day. Took the same oath in Feb. 1976.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4271 times
    Relic Hunting
    Treasure Hunter, Thanks for your service, and so sorry for the loss of your brother to agent orange. All Branches take jabs and shots at one another in good fun, but in the end we're All One. Americans serving for the good of our country. I proudly served, but was not a combat veteran. I have nothing but utmost respect for those that were.
    ecmo, Terry Soloman, dts52 and 3 others like this.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by metrotec View Post
    Thanks Guys & Gals, I hope We made a difference...Seabees-----------?? what, I'd never heard of the Seabees in 1965.. I loved it. "You drive/operate farm equipment, and that's what you're going to do in the Navy."
    Where you been?!? Seabees been around since the early days WWII. Check out a fairly good movie starring John Wayne, "The Fighting Seabees".
    Somebody had to clear those beaches and build those landing strips for the Marines and Army Air guys all over the South Pacific!
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
    137 times
    I was in a senior class of 14 boys, in the country. Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force is all we knew, maybe the Coast Guard. 2 of my fellow seniors were killed in Nam, that ain't good odds, Bless 'em, Larry & Roland, good friends. Never hear of Nam until I got in the Navy; maybe on Walter Cronkite. There was girls, fishing, hunting and working farms for $1 an hour.
    Yes, I saw John Wayne in the Fighting Seabees, but it was after I got out.
    My brother-in-law was drafted, and while being sworn in was asked if he or anyone in his family had tried to overthrow the Government of the USA, and his answer was "yes". They put him in a room by himself. Later they came in and asked him to explain.He answered. "my great-grand -father was a Colonel in the CSA, and we tried to beat y'll in the war." He was put into Army Intelligence in Germany. True story outta Nashville,TN. He later became an archaeologist.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
    9308 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by metrotec View Post
    When the Seabees were asphalting hwy 1 through Phu Bai, they had the COLDEST water in those Igloos and we drank LOTS of it! Thanks again!! ╦╦C
    Most of my screw-up decisions in my life were to appease my friends, not my conscience. Sorry, but going forward, some of you will no longer call me friend.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    9308 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I think it is funny TommyB. The rivalry between Marines and Army is well know. I had uncles in Marines, Army, Navy, brother was Army Warrant Officer flying copters in Nam for 3 tours and my father was in Army Air Corp then Air Force, he was tail gunner on B17s. I joined the Air Force during Nam because my father was in the Air Force. I constantly see digs at the Air Force, doesn't really bother me, no one complained when the Air Force Jet fighters and B-52s was bombing the crap out of the enemy positions trying to overrun bases and camps in Nam..... Some old timers may know what Arc Light missions were, that was me.

Unfortunately the 3 tours my brother did as copter pilot ended up killing him later on because of Agent Orange.
    The Navy 5 inch guns off Hue/Phu Bai were a welcomed sight to us Marines! Saved my ass a few times. I'll drink with a Squid ANYDAY.... did I just say that? ╦╦C
    Terry Soloman and ArfieBoy like this.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    When the Seabees were asphalting hwy 1 through Phu Bai, they had the COLDEST water in those Igloos and we drank LOTS of it! Thanks again!! ╦╦C
    You sure it was water?!!?
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links