To My Fellow Veterans on Veteran's Day

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day late just seen this on my gmail this morning. Hoping y'all had a blessed vets day!

Helicopter mechanic Vietnam 6/70-2/72.

Don

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tnx! OORAH!!​ ╦╦C
SEMPER FI Devil Dog, and a Happy Veterans Day to All Veterans of All Branches of our Armed Forces. Yes, even Anchor Crankers. (Just pullin' your chain) All have a great Day. Took the same oath in Feb. 1976.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treasure Hunter, Thanks for your service, and so sorry for the loss of your brother to agent orange. All Branches take jabs and shots at one another in good fun, but in the end we're All One. Americans serving for the good of our country. I proudly served, but was not a combat veteran. I have nothing but utmost respect for those that were.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys & Gals, I hope We made a difference...Seabees-----------?? what, I'd never heard of the Seabees in 1965.. I loved it. "You drive/operate farm equipment, and that's what you're going to do in the Navy."

Where you been?!? Seabees been around since the early days WWII. Check out a fairly good movie starring John Wayne, "The Fighting Seabees".
Somebody had to clear those beaches and build those landing strips for the Marines and Army Air guys all over the South Pacific!

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a senior class of 14 boys, in the country. Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force is all we knew, maybe the Coast Guard. 2 of my fellow seniors were killed in Nam, that ain't good odds, Bless 'em, Larry & Roland, good friends. Never hear of Nam until I got in the Navy; maybe on Walter Cronkite. There was girls, fishing, hunting and working farms for $1 an hour.
Yes, I saw John Wayne in the Fighting Seabees, but it was after I got out.
My brother-in-law was drafted, and while being sworn in was asked if he or anyone in his family had tried to overthrow the Government of the USA, and his answer was "yes". They put him in a room by himself. Later they came in and asked him to explain.He answered. "my great-grand -father was a Colonel in the CSA, and we tried to beat y'll in the war." He was put into Army Intelligence in Germany. True story outta Nashville,TN. He later became an archaeologist.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Guys & Gals, I hope We made a difference...Seabees-----------?? what, I'd never heard of the Seabees in 1965.. I loved it. "You drive/operate farm equipment, and that's what you're going to do in the Navy."
When the Seabees were asphalting hwy 1 through Phu Bai, they had the COLDEST water in those Igloos and we drank LOTS of it! Thanks again!! ╦╦C

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is funny TommyB. The rivalry between Marines and Army is well know. I had uncles in Marines, Army, Navy, brother was Army Warrant Officer flying copters in Nam for 3 tours and my father was in Army Air Corp then Air Force, he was tail gunner on B17s. I joined the Air Force during Nam because my father was in the Air Force. I constantly see digs at the Air Force, doesn't really bother me, no one complained when the Air Force Jet fighters and B-52s was bombing the crap out of the enemy positions trying to overrun bases and camps in Nam..... Some old timers may know what Arc Light missions were, that was me.

Unfortunately the 3 tours my brother did as copter pilot ended up killing him later on because of Agent Orange.
The Navy 5 inch guns off Hue/Phu Bai were a welcomed sight to us Marines! Saved my ass a few times. I'll drink with a Squid ANYDAY.... did I just say that? ╦╦C

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the Seabees were asphalting hwy 1 through Phu Bai, they had the COLDEST water in those Igloos and we drank LOTS of it! Thanks again!! ╦╦C

You sure it was water?!!? :laughing7::occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions