OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I respect the Cards.............dont like em but I respect em. One of the oldest teams in the majors & they have ALWAYS been in St. Louis, unlike the Dodgers, Giants, Braves etc. I like that. Our Director of Research is from St.Louis, die hard Cards fan so you can imagine the "discussions" him & I have. I found a bin of Red Birds at a .99 cent store, bought 2 of em. Took a pic of one with my phone & sent it to him, then another pic of the bird on the floor, another of my lab sniffing it, another of my lab systematicaly destroying it & a last pic of red pieces & white stuffing all over. The next morning I walked into his office & tossed him the 2nd bird in mint condition. :laughing7: He still has that damn red bird on his desk. ::)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baseball was my best sport in little league all the way up through high school and one season of semipro in west Texas. I pitched and played second base. One season I pitched 3 no hitters in a row in Babe Ruth ball. I hit for a .373 and led the high school team in hitting for 4 years. I didn't pitch much in hs but tore the hide off the ball batting. My 15 minutes of fame was when I was 13 little league and hit a homer in the last inning to win the title. I was in the service in West Texas and played semi pro most of one season and then got transferred over seas. That was the nd of my baseball career. I always wanted to play pro ball but just never got the chance, or never took the time to do it. That I regret because I was pretty darn good. So, I have always loved baseball and our local minor league team was a Cards farm club. I got to see all the big guys come to town and play once a year and got a lot of autographes, pictures, etc., that my mom threw away by mistake when I was overseas in the Air Force! My boys were pretty fair players in little league and I coached a couple of seasons and really enjoyed it. Some of my little league players still are around, nearly 40 years old now and still call me coach. I will always be a baseball fan and though some find the games long and boring, I can recognize the strategy behind the game and enjoy the sport even more. Even though a cards fan, my favorite player was Mickey Mantle and in spite of his later life as a drunken bum mostly, I cried when he died. The end. Monty

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather was wooed by the St. Louis Browns and had a decision to make: pitch for the Browns or get married. He chose the latter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread