Prospecting

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that. If you don't have a patent pending I believe I have found my new frame. Is that 1/2" rod?

No patent yet but I do take donations lol ;) it is 5/8" rod with large washers atop and bottom of the aluminum bars to help stabilize the BGT.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
str8,
I have been designing something similar in my feeble mind. Great job!

Thx. Its not pretty, but 10 minutes and some parts and I had a faster way to setup my sluice and process dirt faster.. we all know more dirt=more possible gold! I just enjoy the fact that I can now adjust to the height of the water on the fly now (might be even easier if I had used wing nuts *hint hint*) and pop it into any part of the stream without having to build up rocks around it.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How do you calculate the set of the angle?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back from OSH. Here is the no fabrication off the shelf items to make the Str8flexed model. Items are

2 36" x 1/2" x 13 thread rod
2 Simpson Strong tie plates ST2122 ESR-2523 ER-102
8 1/2" x 13 wingnuts

Total Cost $24.79

IMG_2565.JPG

( Rod holes are 11" on center)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That looks like it will hold quite well

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Simpson ties are a little flimsy but I think it will work. I am trying it out Saturday. You'll see the results Sunday.

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is a really good looking idea. Do you think that setup would be tuff enough for a sniper? Because I am thinking about making a stand and am getting tired of messi g with rocks making little water dams for good flow

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to fab up your own, you can get the supplies at Home Depot for around $10-15. All you really have to do is cut the aluminum down to size, and drill holes into each one for the rods to be placed through. I would imagine it would hold any of the BGT sluices, although you may want to go with a bigger diameter rod for a bigger sluice.

BTW GoldenMojo.. thanks for the "str8flexed model" made my day lol.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having a bar across the top of a larger Bazooka would get in the way of shoveling unclassified material straight into it. Maybe attach only to the sides and or bottom in that case?

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a bar across the top of a larger Bazooka would get in the way of shoveling unclassified material straight into it. Maybe attach only to the sides and or bottom in that case?

You could put a bend (U) in the bar to accommodate this I would imagine. Make it like a horseshoe shape.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I thought about that and I am going to place the bar as far back on the scoop as I can. I am going to try to put a rock under the front until I develop a front stand. Ideally I envision an aluminum angle frame with front and back telescopic legs that swivel up parallel with the frame for compact portage.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds cool. Looking forward to pics :)

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are great tools the only thing I have to say about them is you need a lot more flow to run them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions