vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Elfy

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Charlottesville
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I tested my cons and got some -100's. Very happy with that 36inch Sniper! I wish I was in a better spot because I didn't find much else.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so ive recently come into some extra cash. Im looking at buying a sniper but wondering if i would have to classify with the 24" or should i get the 30" also looking at either the mini and or super mini. For sampling and slower water flow, would the mini or super mini be better?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Duck...just my two cents...you have the right idea with the sniper, I own the 30" sniper, and it is awesome. I also bought the super mini because I though low flow would be an issue. I have brought it out a number of times, but the sniper always is able to collect enough water, so I haven't even needed to use it. I would advise you start with a 30" sniper and see how it goes. It's amazing how little water you need to get the sniper fluid and rocking!! You can always use a tarp or a dam to get more water. Then if you find still not enough, order the super mini, but I would guess sniper makes Ducky Happy! As far as what is better between mini and super mini, I don't know, sorry!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No classifying needed with either sniper. The larger one just has a longer, wider deck and lower level water scoop so you can feed it faster/easier. I love my 30" Sniper for smaller creeks. I also have a SuperMini but don't really use it now that I have the Sniper.

For the Mini and Supermini (same size fluid beds I think?) you really should classify and/or feed carefully. It's a sampling tool in my mind although I've seen older guys use it as their main sluice...too slow for me. Those sizes will handle about the same volume of material as an A52 or similar which is just TOO SLOW for me!

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my SNIPER. 5 gallon bucket in 2 minutes. just have to feed it slow and steady. once you get the feel for the bazooka nothing else will do and the sniper is my favorite hicking sluice. I've completely gotten away from any other sluices. I have a keene A51a.
Buy having the Prospector, Sniper, and mini. I'm set for any situation.

20150322_115825.jpg
This is all the gold I've Caught with the bazooka Sniper and mini.
SHOVEL MORE, THIS LESS!

Last edited:

Sullyy2323

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Keene A52 Sluice, Bazooka Gold Trap Sniper 30"
Primary Interest:
Other
New to the prospecting/sluicing game, but just added a 30" Sniper to my arsenal. Been hesitant with the price, but finally pulled the trigger.

I've been trying to run a Keene A52 on a smaller creek here in Montana and there just isn't enough water and the box itself is just too large for the creek. I've read quite a bit of the Bazooka's but do ya'll have any suggestions or tips? Anyone else work with the 30" Sniper? Been following this forum for awhile and people really know their stuff. Super excited to get this thing in the water!:occasion14:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've posted about the Sniper quite a bit...start by reading the threads in the Bazooka vendor area then do a search on "sniper" in the overall site :)

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427824161.987170.jpg

Try this with your sniper (or any sluice) to help with low flow situations.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1139572

Try this with your sniper (or any sluice) to help with low flow situations.

How do you get water into the pressure tubes with this method? I can understand getting fast flow over the top but how are you getting the spray tube fed with enough flow?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The downstream end of the tarp is under the bottom of the intake area for the tubes.

Corrected typo ;) (tarp vs trap)

Last edited:

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett carrot, bazooka gold trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highly interested in the sniper as my first box. What is the main difference between the 24,30 and 36??
Yes I know size but what are the pros and cons of a bigger/ smaller one? Thanks for your help, new to the game.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Snow-the fluid bed is the same size on all 3, only difference is length of slick plate and overall width of sluice entry. If you are unsure, start with the 30". That is the sluice that made me a bazooka trooper. I can move more material faster in my 30" sniper than almost any other sluice on the market, the reason is, no need to classify! Look up sniper in the search portion of your site or app and you will get tons of info, photos and stories! Cheers!

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 425jesse. Another question. 30'" seems to be good and will fit in my car and such. Now what about sniper Vs prospector? Either one better or pros and or cons? Will be playing in the dirt in So Cali

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How is the water flow situation there?

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are running out of water but I'm pretty sure I can make it work. The east fork river has about 2 feet of water flow. Sorry, I'm new, not too sure how to explain it. I can always dam to build pressure.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To be honest, i would start off with the 30" sniper just to get a feel for it. worst case scenerio is you like it so much you sell the sniper and upgrade to the prospector. i can dump a full shovel of material (with the proper flow) on my 30" sniper and it just eats it right up. either way, you will catch more gold than a traditional sluice because you move between 3 and 4 times the material. You can set up and shovel into the sluice in 10 min or less depending on the dam situation. This is incredible considering you would have to set up, dam up, and then classify an entire bucket full before even starting to run material. I think the 30" sniper is a great BGT to start with.

steveh2112

Apr 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, can i order a 24" or 30" sniper (not sure which one yet) and pick it up at your shop in Coloma in a couple of weeks (around May 20)? i replied on your website form but didn't get a reply yet.
if i did pick it up, can someone give me a few newbee pointers about using it?
thx steve

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hi, can i order a 24" or 30" sniper (not sure which one yet) and pick it up at your shop in Coloma in a couple of weeks (around May 20)? i replied on your website form but didn't get a reply yet.
if i did pick it up, can someone give me a few newbee pointers about using it?
thx steve

Im not sure the guys at Bazooka really watch this thread regularly. Calling the shop or placing an order online may be your best move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions