Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the mistake of lifting my Miner out from the river while it the trap was completely full of material and water running through. I ended up ripping one of the blue handles. Just a warning, don't lift your Miner which is probably close to a 100+ pounds : )
Now I need to figure out how to repair the handle, even if it just for aesthetical reasons : )

Love my Miner! I was able to pour buckets of material and the Miner ate it all up with no problems! Thanks BGT!

OP
OP
B

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made the mistake of lifting my Miner out from the river while it the trap was completely full of material and water running through. I ended up ripping one of the blue handles. Just a warning, don't lift your Miner which is probably close to a 100+ pounds : )
Now I need to figure out how to repair the handle, even if it just for aesthetical reasons : )

Love my Miner! I was able to pour buckets of material and the Miner ate it all up with no problems! Thanks BGT!

It happens! We can send you a new handle and a few rivets if you want try and replace it yourself.. if you have access to a rivet gun.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

If you dont lift it out of the water how do you suggest cleaning it out?

OP
OP
B

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you dont lift it out of the water how do you suggest cleaning it out?

It's best to drag it out of your rock dam by the intake end to your clean out tub.. We don't recommend trying to dead lift it when the scoop is full of water. If it's easier for you to lift the trap end, grab it from the bottom rather than under the top deck and bring it up slowly to drain some of the water out of the scoop before picking it up completely.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my dad always said I had a strong back and weak mind......... maybe he was right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread