Gold Bug II
Angus Macgirk Alaskan Flare & Grub Stake
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene Highbanker/2.5" dredge with GH matting
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just ordered a 36" Prospector and am pondering how to best employ it. Obviously if I can work somewhere I can shovel directly in to it, that is the option best used, since that is what it is made for. But when the water flow is out further and you can't shovel directly in to it, shoveling in to a bucket and transporting large rocks and such seems to defeat the purpose and make it about as much work as classifying.

Primary reason I got the Bazooka in an attempt to capture more flour gold and eliminate classifying. I have been using a Keene Highbanker with a 2.5" dredge. But after trying two runs of Gold Hog Matting, I haven't been able to get it tuned to catch the fine stuff. When my buddy got more gold in 6 buckets with an Angus mini long tom than I did 4 hours of dredging I knew I needed to look at other options.

I have added my Angus Alaskan Flare to the end of my Keene, to check what I'm losing, but I think at the speed the water is coming out of the dredge, even the Angus is losing the flour gold. Has anyone tried running a Bazooka in series with something else? Wondering how it would work on the back of my Keene; if it would catch the small stuff the GH is blowing through.

If I can work where I can shovel in to it, that would be my preferred option, but when I can't, just trying to figure out how to feed it with my dredge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread