Treasure hunting spooks.

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I decided to do some night time beach hunting. I had my minelab advantage, my lantern, a bag with my drinks, and my scooper. I headed out to the beach and noticed a very bright fullmoon. Bright enough so I could see 100 yards in all directions but not bright enough for my taste to detect with. So i put my trusty coleman lantern down in the sand and put down my drinks and turned on my headlamp and started swinging away. I got no more than 15 feet from my lantern when a huge shadow covered mine. There was instant fear and relization that something was between me and my lantern and coming on faster than I could think. With my boxers full of fresh fear I did the only thing that I knew I could do well. I turned and screamed like a little girl and was staring face to face with nothing.... I looked hard at the beach in all directions and nothing was there. No noise, No evil demons, in all directions nothing...My first thought was my first close encounter with a ghost. Just then the wind picked up again and with it the edge of my bag that held my drinks, right in front of the lantern, once again creating a big shadow even bigger than mine. Man did I feel dumb. Anyone else with a scary, strange or funny but true tale? :twisted:

Upvote 0

mikelb

Jul 23, 2004
Well,i just had my big SPOOK last night,i was working the area of woods at a local park,where there was an old rock foundation,had my head phones on concentrating on what i was doing,when i turned around and one foot in front of me when i turned around was a guy who stood 6'8 and was well over 300 lbs,talk about not expecting to bump into anyone and then boom there is the hulk!i about fell on my ass !and im 6'1 275lbs .The guy had come over to find out if i had found anything i told him i hadnt found anything yet but lost my heart when it jumped out of my chest when i bumped into him !had a good laugh and he told me that the area had been worked over several times,as his family just donated that land a few years back to the city!

natrfrk

Aug 16, 2004
A couple of years ago me and a couple of buddies were detecting a fresh cutover down the lower part of South Carolina.It was starting to get dusk and I was working my way toward some woods.As I got close to the woods a feeling of terror overcome me.I started feeling like something was fixing to get me.I looked around and my buddies were gone.I turned around and beat feet back to our meeting place.I told them of what had occurred and they had a good laugh.The next day we came back during the day and I headed back toward the same woods.I walked in the woods and there was an ancient graveyard.I had no idea it was there.Strange but true.

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
That bone yard was'nt near charlston county was it?
Any way, I hunt beaches in s.c. ONLY at night. I can't stand the lookie loos in the day and the local Gov has asked us to keep it to a minimum in the day. The good thing is at most beaches the local PD looks out for us at night. That being said of the many times I've had the crap scared outta me at night the worst was when I was all into my hunt in the winter @ myrtle. Not a soul in sight, the moon was weak but there. I felt the need to turn around when out of nowhere a woman on a horse nearly ran me under. I let out a yelp and scared the heck out of her too.
Then there was the time in Hartwell Ga. when a group of thugs thought what I had looked like something they wanted. It did'nt go their way, but I left when they did. HH. Chris

R

rebelraider

Me and my dad were hunting last year at a spot that we were told was an old house site. we hunted it for a while and i had a weird feeling the whole time. I some odds and ends and a button. My dad came over and said he had not found much either we stayed for a while longer and i still felt very weird. Well my dad had to leave and I stayed for an extra hour or two. I then started to hunt some sticker bushes On the side of this structure and found a headstone. It was so old i could not read it and it was broken a little and looked like something out of a horror movie. i usually am not bothered by two much but I felt like something was watching me and when you have those head phones on you cant hear much so i ended up leaving and havent been back since

michinkae

Nov 22, 2004
New York
Detector(s) used
whites DFX and XLT
I was on an old home sight myself in the middle oif the forest. I was so busy focusing on the coil and where I was swinging it that I wasnt looking ahead of me. I caught a glimpse of something very big and very grey in the corner of my eye. I thought it was a rock, but when I got a good look I realized that it was a very big purcupine. He was backing up right toward me with his quills up and I screamed. I bolted away just in time not to get a leg full of quills. That was close.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I wasnt treasure hunting I was actually spotlighting. we had a call tape going for about 1 hour and it was around 200 yards from the truck. I was me with a 222 rem my brother and best freind with 22 lr. well we had gotten the tape player and were on the way back when we heard something coming down the hill crashing threw trees and branches. I said is that a cow, then my freind replied" there arent any cows in this pasture". At that point we fire off a few rounds to scare what ever it was off. and the heard the screilw of an angry hog. After this he told us the story of his dad and uncle getting attacked by one in the 70's which flipped their chevy luv on its side and chased them up a tree for about 4 hours. we havent done that since

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread