Kill Devil Hills, NC

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Zeke are you planning on hunting the beach there? I don't think it's any problem hunting the Outer Banks, just not on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore wich is just south of Nags Head. Should have some good hunting up there.

There is a group of locals up there that hunt the area a lot. They're called the Soda Pop Pirates. Check out their website, pretty cool. http://www.outerbanksnc.net/

I've been going to that area since 1968 to surf, and lived in Buxton which is in Hatteras National Seashore for 3 yrs from 1975-1978. Painted the famous Cape Hatteras lighthouse in 1975 so it would look good for the Bicentinial. Still go up there a lot to visit friends and surf.

Anxious to see pictures of your finds!!

HH 8) surfrat

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
the area around kitty hawk was used as a bank for a gang of banker pirates in the early 1800's....they would go to different cities, open banks,, and after awhile they would empty the banks and disappear back to kitty hawk,,,,,they were caught and hung.. there were 28 of them i think......there is supposedly several million worth of treasures buried in the sands there,,,,most likely around jockeys ridge.......no detecting allowed,, but if you are big on" nerve ", and short on" give a damn ", you might strike it rich...........gldhntr

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
TOWcritter said:
Hey Zeke, how the heck do you rent a beach?!? ?lol.....lol.....lol

Ooops! I meant beach "house" ;D

Thanks for the info.......I cant wait to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread