1280-x Salt water?

OP
OP
morris

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
Jim,
Thanks for the info I am going to try it at the beach next week and see how it works in the wet sand and water if it dont do what i am thinking it should do them off to ebay it well go..
and i'll look into a Minelab Excalibur or a CZ-20 maybe a PI Pro...

Thanks again
Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, morris, haveyou had a chance to try that 1280X yet? JIM

OP
OP
morris

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
jimmileo said:
So, morris, haveyou had a chance to try that 1280X yet?? JIM

a good friend took it to the beach sunday said it hit everything !! at 1" to 4" deep was the max in salt wet sand everytime a wave came in and hit it the 1280-x would go off.. in the fresh water it worked great.
not sure yet but i thank I have it sold.....I am going to get a CZ-20.. if i can swing the extra money for it...

Thanks
Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I just got back from Panama City Beach where I used my 1280-X. The wet sand and water does make some noise but I got used to it. In all I found about $12.68 in clad, a pair of silver ear rings, a silver ring, a pair of glasses (the owner was happy to get back), 3 room keys, a dozen or so tent stakes, a couple forks and a couple spoons, a watch and a gazillion tabs. I had my XLT with me also but preferred the 1280-X.....especially since it rained every day and I didn't have to worry about getting it wet. I too would like to upgrade to a CZ20 though, I'm keeping my eyes open. Happy Hunting. Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread