Advice wanted for underwater detector...

MIG73

Sep 17, 2003
I am looking into purchasing a good underwater detector and am seeking advice. I intend to probably use it in both salt and fresh water , as well as on the water line, so I'd like a good all purpose waterproof machine. Detectorpro seemed to have some good options but I know little about what else is out there, whats my best option?

Upvote 0

jcd

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
Hello everyone!

I will be new to detecting, and would like to know the same thing. Most of the detecting will be at 0-60 ft. Might go further who knows.? I dont have a budget, but dont like to wasted money either. I'm excited too try it out, we go to lake? mohave alot and I know people loose things there, I did, my wedding ring (which belonged to her dad)? >:(

Thanks for any input.

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Aqua Pulse
MineLab Excal 1000
Fisher CZ20
These are my 3 favorites for under the sea and works on dry and wet sand as well!

jcd

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
I noticed that the cz20 has a lifetime warranty. Does it matter where you buy it as far as the warranty goes?

Where would you say to go?

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Don't have any experience with underwater detecters, but I'm leaning towards Detector Pro when the money allows. Looks like it would be easy to use underwater.

tb

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to log in as a newbie but had been waterhunting for over 20 years. I use Minelab's EXCALIBUR 1000, FISHER CZ-20, FISHER 1280-X, and TESORO'S TIGER SHARK. I've used the White's ID beach Hunter but didn't like the way the coil floated. The Excal. 1000 runs around $1,200, Fisher cz-20 the same, Tesoro and Fisher cost near $650.00. Fisher and Tesoro both have Lifetime Warranty. a hugh plus!!!
CZ-20 & Excal. both pinpoint targets, while Tesoro and 1280-x do not, but in the water or sand that is not a problem. The Excal and CZ-20 go the deepest and will work in salt and fresh water at a depth of 200 feet and near the salt shoreline in the black sand. So will the Tiger Shark.
All my machines have paid for themselves with finds and gold and I own eight detectors.
Never buy from E-bay as you may be getting someones machine that was dropped or other wise isn't up to par. If a dealer is near you, go there as they can help and you can talk to a real person and not someone on the phone. If you do deceide on mailorder I suggest you use one of the advertisers that advertise in Western & Eastern Treasures magazine.
Good luck and over lap swings.
Sandman

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Sandman256 said:
I had to log in as a newbie but had been waterhunting for over 20 years.? I use Minelab's EXCALIBUR 1000, FISHER CZ-20, FISHER 1280-X, and TESORO'S TIGER SHARK.? I've used the White's ID beach Hunter but didn't like the way the coil floated. The Excal. 1000 runs around $1,200, Fisher cz-20 the same, Tesoro and Fisher cost near $650.00.? Fisher and Tesoro both have Lifetime Warranty. a hugh plus!!!
CZ-20 & Excal. both pinpoint targets, while Tesoro and 1280-x do not, but in the water or sand that is not a problem.? The Excal and CZ-20 go the deepest and will work in salt and fresh water at a depth of 200 feet and near the salt shoreline in the black sand. So will the Tiger Shark.
All my machines have paid for themselves with finds and gold and I own eight detectors.
Never buy from E-bay as you may be getting someones machine that was dropped or other wise isn't up to par.? If a dealer is near you, go there as they can help and you can talk to a real person and not someone on the phone.? If you do deceide on mailorder I suggest you use one of the advertisers that advertise in Western & Eastern Treasures magazine.
Good luck and over lap swings.
Sandman
Sandman, if you could only keep one of the machines listed above, which would you choose? Thanks for the info.

HH 8) surfrat

jcd

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
anyone heard or bought from:

DeMarco detector sales
Rons detectors
Kellycodetectors
Pocono detectors

These are a few on the internet. I havn't found anyone who sell them where I live....Fontana, California. (southern Ca.)

Anyone live in so. Ca and know where to buy one?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KELLYCO is always My First Choice.

The Only Things I don't get from KELLYCO are the Ones they Don't Carry.

JEFF

Attachments

• ex-sov.jpg
    ex-sov.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 288
  • ex-sov.jpg
    ex-sov.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 293

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in hemet ca. and you should try,
pedersons metal detectors
grand ave, santa anna. ca

great people there. talk to john

jcd

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
thankyou for the replies, I do like the idea of being able to go into a store!

jcd

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
Hi,
I went to pedersons metal detectors and bought the CZ-20. Been playing with it, it will be a few weeks befor I use it in the water. I will let you know if I find something.

Where do you get a case for it?

Thanks again for the tip, I couldnt find any shops around here in the yellow pages.

day dreamer

Aug 13, 2005
Florence S.C.
I BOUGHT A EXCALIBER 1000 AN HAVENT EVEN USED IT IN THE WATER YET. BUT I HAVE USED IT AT SOME PARKS AND HOUSES. IT REALLY GOES DEEP .CANT WAIT TO TRY IT IN THE WATER.Bought it from kelly co fast delivery good support and will answer any questions u have .They sale all kinds of detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread