wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishlips, first of all welcome to the Space Coast of Florida. From Texas ehe! That?s OK! All Texans are welcome in Florida. I lived in Austin for about 16 years myself and loved that town.

Cocoa Beach is a very popular beach for TH?s looking for modern treasure with there metal detectors. I don?t know who told you that metal detectors were not allowed on that beach. But you tell them that I said it was not only OK, but strongly encouraged.

There have been some stories on one of the Orlando news channels about some residents thinking that they own the beach, and have even gone as far as calling the police to run people off of there private beaches. In most all cases the private property owner only owns down to the mean high tide line, or the base of the dune where it meets the beach. After last year?s hurricane season, some of those residents now own less property than they did this time last year. Oh well! That?s the price we pay for living beach side.

The only metal detector restrictions on the beach are at Federal Parks such as the Canaveral National Sea Shore. As far as State Parks, such as Sebastian Inlet State Park, you have to get written permission from the Ranger. But why bother, since you have public beaches as far as the eye can see in either direction.

Happy hunting, and if you find it on the beach it?s yours!

Q

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread