My new Stealth scoop-Improved

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke down and bought a new Sunspot Stealth 08 scoop and can't use it till next spring. The new one will work in the surf a little better than the older model as it has a cover to help hold in the goodie from those nasty waves. I especially like the small drain holes in the front for those tiny earrings or pendants. Epoxy in a strong magnet or two and it is ready to go.

Attachments

• Stealth 08.jpg
    Stealth 08.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,292
Upvote 0

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That's really nice Sandman!

I guess I'm going to need to break down and buy one.
Had hoped to fabricate one, but it's difficult!
I could have been on the beach. ;D

rmptr

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you mean epoxying a magnet in the scoop?and if so where?thanks!

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've epoxyed two magnets in the other scoops about in the middle where it can catch hairpins.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Sandman, now you just have to wait for warm weather........

On my Beach Brute II I cut a piece of aluminum gutter mesh that goes over your gutters to keep out leaves, cut and formed it around the bottom third of my scoop and epoxyed all contact points on good.

So far the epoxy has held perfectly, and held up to all my digging so far as well, not a single contact point has come loose. It is has proven it works by catching two clad earring studs..No diamonds in them :'( , but I know I will not miss any if they are there...

Good luck and good hinting next time out....... :thumbsup:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing, the new style looks really nice. I have the previous version and just love it.

Steve

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Now that is a nice looking scoop Sand man. I bought a Nutal,it is okay but I like my Stealths better. Mike.

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Looks like a Jr. to this new up-dated model is now available, what do you think?
Have used the pre Stealth last season but, wasn't overwhelmed with it. Should have spent more time on it.
Thanks! for your comment's.

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
i had one of those Stealth scoops and it was too heavy for me on the dry beach but it was one heck of a well made scoop.i now use aluminum from Reilly's and love em.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I get older these scoops get heavy for me too so while wading I drag it along the bottom. It marks my path too. One the dry sand I like a screen type for lighter weight and sifting. I had a belt harness that Max showed me a pix of that worked great, but I miss placed it. the scoop works as a cane for me on dry land. I sometimes had trouble keeping the goodie in the older Sunspot with heavy waves and the new cover helps a lot. Tried a Diamond Head or Natall but liked the flatter bottom of the Sunspot better.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Only problem I have found with scoops with small holes is that when you get into the shells it is a nightmare to clear and hard on your hands digging them out. Only way I guess is to use a sifter but that is a PITA too and next to impossible in the surf. My scoop has the small holes to the rear and on occasion will snag a split shot or 2 but if it goes through the scoop a couple of times I will carry the next full scoop to shore and dump it on the sand-and usually recover another split shot..... ;D

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Consider mounting a small hair brush at the back of the scoop with thick plastic bristles for catching and holding chains. Usually small fine chains will wash out with the sand but the hair brush tines will catch and hold them. Doesn't take a very big brush, just cut to size and either clamp in with a stainless steel nut and bolt or epoxy it in place. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread