Holy Trinity of Silver, Crucifix, ring, ring.

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Hey gang,

Played hooky from work to take advantage of the low tides and wasn't disappointed. Got my first crucifix and chain of the year and a couple of nice silver rings. The chain is 26 inches long! Also loaned my Excalibur to a diver friend who wanted to explore a certain area. He didn't find any jewelry, but came back with some older-looking fishing weights. Anyone seen this style before? Ideas on age? Thanks for looking. - Jim

Attachments

• Cross and Chain.JPG
    Cross and Chain.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 580
  • Tiffany Ring.JPG
    Tiffany Ring.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 590
  • Silver Silver Silver.JPG
    Silver Silver Silver.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 594
  • Vintage Sinkers.JPG
    Vintage Sinkers.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 593
Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super cool finds I gotta get to the beach soon

I wanna play hookey too! Will ya call my boss for me? He also happens to be my husband dang it all to heck, its not fair you would think I would have advantages ;D Nope even when I am truly sick he expects me here, so forget just calling in sick for a day.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Very nice finds! Looks like you have an addition to your Mr T starter kit :). Those sinkers are very odd, no clue on age, but I like them :).

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Got a little input on the age of the sinkers from a fellow CA forumite:

I have seen those style sinkers before! I 1967 or 68 I was given an very old tackle box with very old lead and lures as well as reels. The man that had owned the box had died, he had fished the ocean as well as the Sierra's around June lake.That box had some of the ones you found with two holes in them. These are the only times that I have seen them. He served in both WWI & WWII. So I'm thinking that they are old but no clue on how old!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Nice jewelry finds! I haven't found any chains since I was a kid, and I'm 42 now. That chain and cross is super sweet!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread