Rain and winds,winds

astro-nut

Sep 12, 2008
southwest fla
Detector(s) used
whites spectra, dual field, beachhunter300, minelab quattro
Hi everyone I hope eveyone had a nice thanksgiving.I live in southeast Florida am very new to detecting I just got my dectector last month so this is going to be my first real try im beach detecting I own a quarttro detector I know it is not top of the line but I love it :love5: it my first. Here is the question todat we started to get very high winds and rain and the weather is going to get worse monday is this weather helpful for beach detecting ?

Manny

Upvote 0

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can both ways. It can shift sands around and open up new areas or push in more sand covering things up. I hope it opens up some cuts for you. :-\

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wind can be a blessing or not. I hope you are using headphones with the detector. For real knowledge on hunting the beaches you should visit http://thegoldenolde.com/

Good Luck,
Sandman

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
As a general rule,the winter storms(Northeasters)take out sand and winter is usually the best
in your area for water/beach hunting.This is of course the general rule.Look for cuts in the
sand or scolloped areas along the beach and hunt the low areas.And as for your detector not
being top of the line,I don't know if I agree with that one.Pretty far up there.Not sure if that
detector is rain/splash proof,but if not get a cover for it.You should do good with that machine
in the winter,after the storms.And ,as always,follow the rules-pick up your trash ,fill your holes,
etc.,and enjoy that great detector.HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread