FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best bet would be the East Coast around the wrecks of the 1715 fleet, but you can't hunt in the water and would probably have to wait for a big storm to possibly luck out and find one. I am sure some of the East Coast guys will jump in...

So after a hurricane you need to take a trip to Florida ;D ;D

OP
OP
beachboy

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
FloridaBill said:
Best bet would be the East Coast around the wrecks of the 1715 fleet, but you can't hunt in the water and would probably have to wait for a big storm to possibly luck out and find one. I am sure some of the East Coast guys will jump in...

Would Fort Lauderdale be a possibility?

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
FloridaBill said:

Would Fort Lauderdale be a possibility?

don't think so but I am far from an authority on the subject, I am sure some of the East Coast will jump in

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish reales have been found in many states not just Florida. Silver reales have been found in Massachusetts beaches after storms.

Spanish milled coins (silver reales) were accepted currency in the US until 1857. This is why you can find them in many states around old areas (inland).

Another source of reales are the hundreds (likely thousands) of shipwrecks that occured along our coast line. Sometimes these coins wash up on beaches after big storms. There are books with lists of known shipwrecks in each state.

Good Luck!
-Moe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread