Question about hole in the water for water hunters

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
So I just looked at the post about where to hunt in the ocean for gold and I got to think about people talking about hole that they would see from the shore line.

I have always though that when I saw a cut on the beach that there would be an area in the water that would have less sand and I might find the hard bottom and not just sand out there.

Do I understand that correctly ?

Upvote 0

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I think you are right on that. If you find hard sand it is better than built up sand. So you can detect deeper in the areas that don’t allow objects to sink deeper in the sand. Now as far has holes go, they say heavier objects stay in the lowest spots. Such as these holes along the shoreline. I just don’t like being surprised by a hole over my head. It all depends on the rip currents and such. I have a lot to learn though. But I do know one thing. Gravity works.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuts take sand away from the shoreline. A lot depends of the wind and currents too. http://thegoldenolde.com/ will help you learn more about beaches and hunting.

Treasure Detector

Feb 9, 2007
Mechanicsville
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 70
I posted this pic before, but just for the fun of it, well here it is. I hunted this area really good without any targets or readings on my machine. Hard rock - hard pan........ I can only imagine all the treasure was down in that bottomless pit. So be careful when driving near the surf......

oceandrop22.jpg

oceandrop32.jpg

oceandrop42.jpg

oceandrop52.jpg

oceandropoff2.jpg

Treasure Detector

Feb 9, 2007
Mechanicsville
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 70
Yes, nothing anywhere around. It seemed to be cliff like with a straight drop off. Seaweed (SodaPop Pirates) has a similar pic at a different location and at a different time. These void pockets do fill in and become unnoticed very quickly. Each tide changes things as you know. Always take a camera, you never know what may get your attention.

saf454df035074e2.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions