20 foot deep to the dunes

• Thread starter Deleted member 12200
  • Start date

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Six feet under your feet usually.

Treasure Detector

Feb 9, 2007
Mechanicsville
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 70
Someone else already found it after you have walked the same spot several times. It is usually their first hunt or it has been a long time since they have turned on their machine. :icon_pirat:

D

digum smacks

depends on where you are at .different beaches different results. but one thing is certain 98 % is deeeeep

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12200

I was actually thinking horizontally, not vertically. 20 Ft. below Mean Sea Level Line (wet) to the dunes - dry. But, based on the other comments it doesn't matter, it's out of my reach. I'm going to start a belly button lent collection instead. Thanks all.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I think your best bet is to hunt the wet sand at low tide (non-waterproof detector) or knee deep or so (waterproof). Dry sand will yield finds also but it gets hunted harder since you don't have to deal with waves the salt water affecting your machine.

Jason

S

seger98

JasonB said:
I think your best bet is to hunt the wet sand at low tide (non-waterproof detector) or knee deep or so (waterproof). Dry sand will yield finds also but it gets hunted harder since you don't have to deal with waves the salt water affecting your machine.

Jason

Well said!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Detector said:
Someone else already found it after you have walked the same spot several times. It is usually their first hunt or it has been a long time since they have turned on their machine. :icon_pirat:

rof..isn't that the truth though!

seriously the tide line usually is where to hunt or a little before or after. The dry sand does have some stuff, but I get tired of digging so much trash, and after having a water machine there is no way I trek through the dry stuff.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what you're saying is...I can use a Garrett Ace 250 on a beach along the Deleware shore on the wet sand. Watch out for waves and possibly find something besides shrapnel and .50 caliber bullets? Now my concern is, the beach has been recently been replenished.

If this is true I cannot wait for the next big storm! It's only a 2.5 hour trip to the beach and unfrozen ground!

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Piercesdad said:
So what you're saying is...I can use a Garrett Ace 250 on a beach along the Deleware shore on the wet sand. Watch out for waves and possibly find something besides shrapnel and .50 caliber bullets? Now my concern is, the beach has been recently been replenished.

If this is true I cannot wait for the next big storm! It's only a 2.5 hour trip to the beach and unfrozen ground!

I use my Garrett Ace 150 on the beaches here in Wilmington, NC and have found a few things but not much, Im waiting on tourist season to begin for the really good stuff... :thumbsup:
Mine will give off some "Ghost" signals occasionally so watch out for those and set the sensitivity to around 2-3 if your close to the water or it will beep non-stop. I also set mine to "Coin" the closer I get to the water. As far as being replenished, that wont make much difference, might be good if they dredged the sand from the water, you never know what your gonna get. Met a guy a couple weeks ago that found a really nice class ring just 3" down dated from 1948, so you never know whats gonna turn up... :thumbsup:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ace 250 does not like most wet sand. Usually if you can get it to work you have to turn the sens. way down and then you loose depth.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Forget dunes, they are mostly wind blown sand, trash and tinfoil.

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
I honestly dont really think it much matters where you hunt the beach, it changes all the time. I find coins near the water, on the dry sand, and everywhere inbetween. I havent found the gold yet, but Im pretty green still so gimme some time but Im sure it will come soon enough!!! I just go wherever I feel might be good, also, I like to go where there was alot of recent activity, usually thats the dry to moist sand it seems.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you in Guam? In the military? I'm located in S. Korea. If you are in Guam, you are going to have a devil of a time, as there was a war there 65 or so years ago, and the beaches were used, used, used.
Now, did the folks there refurbish the beaches? I don't know....but asking some of the oldtimers in that area will pay big dividends, I would bet. And, perhaps there were some of the more obscure beaches that didn't see much action.
Do some asking, some checking.....if noone has hunted there, it could payoff big. (Heard about 2 lady THers, who hunted one of the most popular beaches in S. Korea, Hae-un dae, in Pu-san.....they were the first ones with machines on it......took them almost a year to do the hunt......and they walked away with pockets and pockets full of gold rings, silver rings, and tons of coins. Would have liked to have been there for that one. :wink:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12200

Hikeinmts,

We bring in 1 million Japanese visitors each year and about 999,999 of those visit Tumon Beach, aka the Guam Waikiki. There are three problems here: no wave action, pull tabs (lots of local literbugs), and yes diehard hunters. Despite this, I've pulled in one platinum and 2 gold rings the last 5 times out. I'm finding the good stuff in the 3 foot deep range (water)... just wondering if that is what everyone else is experiencing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions