Need A Beach Report For Vero North Gang!!

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
Let you know this weekend going over to Daytona Beach Saterday..
one day i'll come down in your area and maybe hook up for a hunt..

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

OP
OP
F

Floater

Who else is going Morris? Are you hunting just Daytona or are you going to head north from there?

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach from Wabasso and Vero

Ok, as of noon yesterday (wens), nothing is moving. The sand is coming in. I checked Bonisteel park, Golden Sands beach, Wabasso beach, Seagrape access, Turtle Trail access and Jaycee beach in Vero. No significant cuts. The sand down low was like walking in quick sand. It going to take a bigger storm that this to move all that crappy fill they put here on the beaches and dunes. The small cuts I saw were still a good 30-50 feet away from the dunes. They are mosly cutting into all the fill. I guess there is a possiblity that a few small Spanish coins could wash up. If I go out, it will be to the north, maybe Daytona, looking for jewlery. Good Luck, Happy hunting.
Link to my detecting webpage......
http://www.geocities.com/hotking.geo/page3.html

OP
OP
F

Floater

Sounds Great Mitch. Thanks for the Report and keep us posted here. I may make it up to Ormond this weekend. I want to hunt the north end up there since its not as populated. don't care much for clad but I dig it all. Hoping the Excal gets some mojo going for me soon. Been dead down here and I was away for Katrina. They have already BULLDOZED ALL THE SAND BACK ON THE BEACH and I missed all the good cuts. The sand bars have shifted a lot here so if I get my a$$ in the water I may find something yet.LOL Thanks again Mitch and your Website is Excellent. Your a Great asset to this forum. HH

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
going to start in franklen park area and work my way north from there..
pontsinlet has all new sand..
has of right now no one is going from Ocala area that I know of..
going to see is Stirling is going to go..

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Hi Guys,
Here's a report on Daytona Beach for the last 2 days. Wed. nite- sand filing in the area north of the Boardwalk. Really rough surf. Only scored 4 zinc pennies, some bobbie pins and a Pepsi can. Evan at low tide the surf was just a few feet from the seawall. Thursday nite-also at low tide. Extremely rough surf. The wife and I were hunting the Sunsplash Park beach and further south. She scored 31 cents in clad. I scored 28 cents in clad. Sand is building up, no cuts or erosion that I could see.
I work for Volusia County in the Environmental Resource Protection Dept. I've seen some reports of erosion in the New Smyrna Beach area HOWEVER it is pretty minor and is only affecting the fill sand that was placed there after last years storms. I haven't heard anything about the Ormond Beach area but I might try that area this weekend. Anybody interested? Low tide Saturday (if you want to call it that) will be about 6:30am and about 7pm.

HH
Stirling, N5PIP
Daytona Beach

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stirling,
since you work for the Volusia County Environmental Resource Protection Dept,did you ever hear about what happened to the 3rd ave. shipwreck site in new smyrna beach?

heres a link to the story and timeline:

http://68.205.197.69:81/3rdaveshipwreck/wreck.html

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Floater

CNN or the Weather Channel last night had Ormond Beach getting hammered with beach erosion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread