Cold water hunting

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: I went up on deck this morning and the fog was so thick I could not see the shoreline some 70 feet in front of me. I was going to go MDing but decided the water was just to cold and I went back inside the wheelhouse. I flipped on the depth finder and it said the water was 74 degrees. Bummer! Now I have to run down the beach. ;D Where'e me bloody Grog, Wench? :coffee2:

Upvote 0
S

seger98

74 degrees is too cold? Wow, we swim in spring water up in Wi in the summer! Maybe we got thicker skin ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
74 is too cold? Cold to one is wam to another, anyway I would pick up a good wetsuit. I have hunted the atlantic side when water temps were in the low 50's and stayed warm in my wetsuit....

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
yep a good 5 mill wet suit will do the trick.when i lived in Ohio id hunt water up till November and the water would be in the 50's and i was good for a couple hours.i now live on the Atlantic in Ga and only use a 2 mill suit to keep the Jelly fish off.if you get one,id go with the Farmer Jon style ,that way you can just wear the bottoms if you choose.good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions